Wanted to share my ****** day

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So was this the Lightning setup to the factory y connection or the performance connect to the SW headers?

I have the Headers with performance connect lightning and while it did not fall off with the offroading I have done in the truck I did take it to an exhaust shop and have them weld hangers on both ends of the muffler to the frame and its rock solid now. With out the extra hangers it moved even when driving on the street and off road I was just waiting to tear the single hanger it was using.

OP
OP
cbcgeneral

cbcgeneral

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So was this the Lightning setup to the factory y connection or the performance connect to the SW headers?

I have the Headers with performance connect lightning and while it did not fall off with the offroading I have done in the truck I did take it to an exhaust shop and have them weld hangers on both ends of the muffler to the frame and its rock solid now. With out the extra hangers it moved even when driving on the street and off road I was just waiting to tear the single hanger it was using.

It was the factory connect. From what I can tell it worked its way off the rubber on the ONE hanger they use to hold it up. The flange in the front is still attached so at least I know I can screw good. It slipped off where it attaches behind the flange. The funny thing is I was worried about it and was going to add another hanger once it warmed up. It's been around zero degrees here and I don't like the cold. :supergay:

OP
OP
cbcgeneral

cbcgeneral

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Update

So I thought I would update everyone on how it went at the police station today. I Explained everything to the chief and told him I wasn't trying to have this be a formal complaint but I would like to have the proper way to deal with people discussed with the officer. He apologized to me and said this isn't how he wants his officers to act. He then has this officer come into his office and we go over everything that happened and what my problem was with him. Even after hearing that I did undercover narcotics work and the exact reason why I retired from it the ******* dude still didn't care and pleaded his case to the chief and said he would handle it the exact same way again. I tried helping the guy out by not wanting to have anything documented to affect his career but he just didn't get it. It's probably because he has only been on the job just over 2 years. So the chief decided his punishment is he is going today with another officer to climb the barrier and retrieve my exaust that he threw there. It's especially funny since we got about 4" of snow last night. It just sucks for the other officer that didn't do anything wrong. I offered to go with him to do it but the cheif didn't think that was a good idea. I don't know why he would think that. :killer:

Five-O Donut Hole

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I thought I would update everyone on how it went at the police station today. I Explained everything to the chief and told him I wasn't trying to have this be a formal complaint but I would like to have the proper way to deal with people discussed with the officer. He apologized to me and said this isn't how he wants his officers to act. He then has this officer come into his office and we go over everything that happened and what my problem was with him. Even after hearing that I did undercover narcotics work and the exact reason why I retired from it the ******* dude still didn't care and pleaded his case to the chief and said he would handle it the exact same way again. I tried helping the guy out by not wanting to have anything documented to affect his career but he just didn't get it. It's probably because he has only been on the job just over 2 years. So the chief decided his punishment is he is going today with another officer to climb the barrier and retrieve my exaust that he threw there. It's especially funny since we got about 4" of snow last night. It just sucks for the other officer that didn't do anything wrong. I offered to go with him to do it but the cheif didn't think that was a good idea. I don't know why he would think that. :killer:

Hey, you tried and I commend you for taking the adult approach. 2 years on the job Huh?..******* new kids. It's the generation of millenials in this line of work that is ******** everything up. Most of them have shit attitudes. That's too bad you ran across one of them. At least he's got to eat some crow digging your exhaust out of the roadside snow

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I guess the chief didnt want you laughing at the guy as he was slipping and fumbling around in the snow looking for your exhaust lol

OP
OP
cbcgeneral

cbcgeneral

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I guess the chief didnt want you laughing at the guy as he was slipping and fumbling around in the snow looking for your exhaust lol

Maybe. Or he thought he might not make it back over the barrier. Lol

---------- Post added at 12:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 AM ----------

Hey, you tried and I commend you for taking the adult approach. 2 years on the job Huh?..******* new kids. It's the generation of millenials in this line of work that is ******** everything up. Most of them have shit attitudes. That's too bad you ran across one of them. At least he's got to eat some crow digging your exhaust out of the roadside snow

Since your in law enforcement you'll understand my frustration. He wanted to know if I quit because I couldn't handle it and that's probably why I didn't understand his position. Even after I explained to him I retired due to the fact I took two bullets from a ************* that didn't want to go to jail and I wanted to stick around for my daughter that was 4 at the time he still was unfazed. It is sad all I wanted to do since I was a kid was be a cop and it didn't work out the way I wanted and then there are guys like him that just skate along and don't give a shit about his job. It really upsets me especially with the way I had leave.

carlschmarl2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would usually agree with that except when I was talking to the Sgt. which happens to be a friend of mine he's the one who told me to say something. Apparently he have quite a few complaints about him and he treats everyone like shit. And I'm not usually one to complain about law enforcement as I used to be in the field myself but there is a certain way you treat people that can be stearn and respectful at the same time. But since he spoke to me like I was a piece of dog shit that he stepped in I'm not going to accept that.

"Used to be in the field yourself"...were you a cop?

Go back on an evening/late at night (when traffic is light) and get the exhaust yourself. Cops aren't DOT workers and we're not about to load an exhaust in our cruisers and deliver it to you.

And if you're such good friends with the Sgt, have him ****** you out there to retrieve it.