Vht

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
I know a bunch of the G8 guys used it on their tail lights and from what I recall, there was some technique to it and usually required wet-sanding / polishing to get a glossy finish.

---------- Post added at 02:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 PM ----------

Here is a link to some pics w/o sanding / buffing:
Tail light removal? - Page 2

---------- Post added at 02:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:45 PM ----------

Here is a good write-up on the process:
Steve's G8 GT Blog: Adventures in Tinting - Part II

OP
OP
H

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know a bunch of the G8 guys used it on their tail lights and from what I recall, there was some technique to it and usually required wet-sanding / polishing to get a glossy finish.

---------- Post added at 02:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 PM ----------

Here is a link to some pics w/o sanding / buffing:
Tail light removal? - Page 2

---------- Post added at 02:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:45 PM ----------

Here is a good write-up on the process:
Steve's G8 GT Blog: Adventures in Tinting - Part II

That stuff sure looks nice when its done right!!!

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Never used the red. I have used the regular black Nightshades however on my 3rd brake and it looks great.

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All I did was spray several light coats. Super easy to do. I haven't posted a pic, I will when I get back to my truck sunday evening for ya.

Last edited:

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
a while ago i found a bunch of how to's on youtube on this stuff. try looking on there for them. i watched a couple of good ones and they explained it pretty good. give it a shot

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry it took so long to get back to you Hock, I completely forgot about it yesterday.

Here are some pictures I took today. There is a chip in it, but it's not from the VHT stuff. I originally had something else under that chipped and i couldn't scrape it all off so I sprayed the few parts I didn't scrape.

a6bd6a45-5ac4-e0db.jpg

a6bd6a45-5ae3-7c21.jpg

a6bd6a45-5af6-aebf.jpg

OP
OP
H

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry it took so long to get back to you Hock, I completely forgot about it yesterday.

Here are some pictures I took today. There is a chip in it, but it's not from the VHT stuff. I originally had something else under that chipped and i couldn't scrape it all off so I sprayed the few parts I didn't scrape.

a6bd6a45-5ac4-e0db.jpg

a6bd6a45-5ae3-7c21.jpg

a6bd6a45-5af6-aebf.jpg

Ya, that looks great... I like it.. Im thinking about using the red...

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I say go for it. I'm extremely happy with how it came out. I couldn't stand how the white brakelight stood out.