Vhf install icom 208h

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Baja Jones

Baja Jones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the idea, hows the clarity ?

'12 Race Red Raptor SCAB (Loaded to the max!)
SCABS are faster!!
'08 SeaDoo RXP-X Clockin' 80+ GPS

Clarity is fine. Most of the dual bands are a bit light on output power 55 watts vs 75 for the single bands. Used it for the first time last week at the V2R. Really clear conversations 20-30 miles. Not much interference in central Nevada.

---------- Post added at 06:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:50 PM ----------

What Jones fails to mention is the (un)Availability of that particular unit! After he sent me the install pics a while back, I decided I could do the same thing, but no dice. The 208H is discontinued. I've been looking for a similar unit without much luck.

Yeah there are a handful of radios with the same configuration. This was a display model so it was the cheapest one I could find. Kind of used to the Icom controls as well. $329 at HRO

SwampKing

FRF Addict
Reaction score
$329 I can live with! How long ago you made the purchase?

Last edited:

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
I am fairly confident the answer is yes, but this is under the seat, correct? Which one? Are you clear of the rear foot well heater duct?

What Jones fails to mention is the (un)Availability of that particular unit! After he sent me the install pics a while back, I decided I could do the same thing, but no dice. The 208H is discontinued. I've been looking for a similar unit without much luck.
Try a local ham fest. I saw several 208s and a couple of 206s (I think) for sale at the one I went to (where I bought my Kenwood).