Upfittert switches ant the Ford racing light bar with KC lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

baja100

Reaction score
I am having a problem. The #1 and #2 upfitter switches are wired up to the KC lights and bar from Ford Racing and worked as they were ment to for about 2 weeks. #1 switch 2 driving lights, #2 swithc to 2 longe range lights and all worked. Now both sets will not come on. I checked the fuse in the 37 position in side the kick panel and it looks OK. I am at a loss. The only other common item shared by the 2 systems is the 4 ground wires are connected at the same point with a bolt to the frame. I have checked every thing amd all connections are tight and no broken wires. I looked at one of the fuses under the hood and as far as I can tell it is OK as well. I swaped around a relay and replaced the 30 amp fuses but still nothing. I dont see 2 seperate systems going down at the same time. Can any one help or should I take to Ford? :hmm:

IRONMAN

Reaction score
How about the fuses in the engine compartment?
There is a black box right up front fuse 18 (Aux 1) and 19 (Aux2)
Also relays 7 (Aux 1) and 10 (Aux 2)..
Did you check those?
I don't know about fuse # 37 inside, because your switches are hooked up to the ones in the engine compartment..Check those and let me know..

OP
OP
B

baja100

Reaction score
It works!!!

I checked all of the fuses again last night and all were good. The #37 fuse in the right hand kick panel is the switch control fuse. It was good. I did start from the begining and took the ground wires off to clean the contact point with no improvement. then I movet the ground from the frame to the front bumper plate screw hole!!!!!!! it worked. Still can't understand how a ground works for a while then quits. o well maby this will help others having a similar problem.

IRONMAN

Reaction score
It works!!!

I checked all of the fuses again last night and all were good. The #37 fuse in the right hand kick panel is the switch control fuse. It was good. I did start from the begining and took the ground wires off to clean the contact point with no improvement. then I movet the ground from the frame to the front bumper plate screw hole!!!!!!! it worked. Still can't understand how a ground works for a while then quits. o well maby this will help others having a similar problem.

If a ground is not tight enough and loose it will allow like a film to coat the wires or oxidize. Air, water, dirt whatever, try to coat them with a preventer which can be found at a local hardware/ automotive store. If you tighten it enough it will last longer but eventually it'll happen again.
Good to hear all is fixed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc