Upfitter wires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Glad to help!

Butt connectors were good enough for me. I think ideally you'd do as the video shows, but realistically IMHO butt connectors at these power levels, assuming solidly connected, are good to go.

I know everyone poo-poos butt connectors/splices..
If they are properly applied with the correct tool, and the connection supported (wire tied/zip tied, taped with 3m 33+) there is no reason for this connection to fail.

Soldering would be "the best" method. Due to poor design/afterthought by Ford. I am not comfortable messing with a hot soldering iron in such a confined space. The insurance company would be adjusting my fire damaged truck, if I tried...

-Greg

OP
OP
STUTIDE

STUTIDE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't forget to get some band aids!

Man you were RIGHT on the money! By the time I was done I could have used an entire box - jus not much room - not much wire and sharp edges at every corner. At least they are all connected now. Has any one ever heard why FORD just didnt connect them to start with? Also I am assuming the best way to connect the wires under the hood is solder and shrink wrap?

RedTailHawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm adding some more lights to my Raptor and need to rearrange my upfitter connections. Here is my current setup:

Aux 1 - Rigid 20"
Aux 2 - Rigid D2 Spot
Aux 3 - Rigid D2 Wide
Aux 4 - V1 Radar Detector

I need to free up 2 aux switches, so I'm wondering if I could combine all three of the Rigid into one Aux connection. Aux 1 has the highest amp, but not sure if enough for all three.

Anyone know?

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Another suggestion.....whatever you choose, write it down so you don't need to go into that small compartment again. ;-)

As for me, this is what I chose:

Aux *1 - 30A Yellow to Red
Aux *2 - 30A Green/Brown to Blue
Aux *3 - 15A Violet/Green to Green
Aux *4 - 10A Brown to Purple

this is also in the owners Manuel.

IRONMAN

Reaction score
I'm adding some more lights to my Raptor and need to rearrange my upfitter connections. Here is my current setup:

Aux 1 - Rigid 20"
Aux 2 - Rigid D2 Spot
Aux 3 - Rigid D2 Wide
Aux 4 - V1 Radar Detector

I need to free up 2 aux switches, so I'm wondering if I could combine all three of the Rigid into one Aux connection. Aux 1 has the highest amp, but not sure if enough for all three.

Anyone know?

Maybe tap into the power of your cigarette lighter on the dash for power for your radar detector.
I believe that cigarette lighter plug there only comes on with key.
Not 100% sure but I think so.
Remove the radar detector from that up-fitter.10amp
Put all D2's on up-fitter number 2

---------- Post added at 08:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 PM ----------

Run your new off road lights off of up-fitter #3