Undercoating rear fender wells?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

linexsa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Line-X does have an undercoating material, (or used to) we dont deal much with it down here its a completely different product. i have an undercoater that i use when i need to. regular linex doesnt work well as an undercoating, you should use a material that is made specific for undercoating. We do wheel wells, and removable items but every vehicle ive seen thats just been shot has alot of blank areas and peeling spots where it wasnt prepped well.

NY SCREW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
so what your saying is the regular linex isnt good as an undercoat an to go for a product designed for that???

Big Green Machine

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Thanks Linexsa, so this then leads to the obvious question for anyone with insight, which undercoat product would be the best?

I live in a salt area and beyond that, I just want to ensure as much of the truck is covered since I plan on having this truck for a very, VERY long time.

Thanks in advance..

~BGM

OP
OP
mprice1234

mprice1234

SVT Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
Job done right

Line-X does have an undercoating material, (or used to) we dont deal much with it down here its a completely different product. i have an undercoater that i use when i need to. regular linex doesnt work well as an undercoating, you should use a material that is made specific for undercoating. We do wheel wells, and removable items but every vehicle ive seen thats just been shot has alot of blank areas and peeling spots where it wasnt prepped well.

As with any spray on liner it's only as good as the prep work before the spray! If a bed isn't prepped right it won't hold up either! The guys at the shop I took it to loved the truck and had never worked on a Raptor before took 2 1/2 hours to do the wheel wells because of the difficulty prepping. They got every inch of the wells with out any voids and worked their asses off doing it. They were very proud of their work and took pride in doing it right. I thanked them for the qaulity work and shook their hands for a job well done. Of course the wheel wells will take more abuse then probably any other area on the truck so time will tell how it holds up but I couldn't be happier with the results and the look. :waytogo: