Truxxx Leveling Kit for 10 Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FSM06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
kglesq, you are correct. I will say on this subject that I have utilized the middle spring perch and would MUCH prefer this to a leveling kit. Any leveling kit that I have installed or seen used allows the upper control arm to contact the spring at full extension. Seems like this is much more counterproductive than if the shaft position is altered by an inch within the body of the shock. It was stated somewhere earlier that the dampening may be slightly altered only in that it will not be as soft right off the bat. I have found that the truck seems to have better road manners in the middle shock position than when it was in the lower position. All Fox shocks that I have ever delt with (snowmobiles, motorcycles, etc.) have a certain amount of adjustability for operator preference and in no instance has using these shock adjustments been detrimental to the shock mechanically. Just FYI and MHO.

FSM

iceman302

Full Throttle OG
Reaction score
kglesq, you are correct. I will say on this subject that I have utilized the middle spring perch and would MUCH prefer this to a leveling kit. Any leveling kit that I have installed or seen used allows the upper control arm to contact the spring at full extension. Seems like this is much more counterproductive than if the shaft position is altered by an inch within the body of the shock. It was stated somewhere earlier that the dampening may be slightly altered only in that it will not be as soft right off the bat. I have found that the truck seems to have better road manners in the middle shock position than when it was in the lower position. All Fox shocks that I have ever delt with (snowmobiles, motorcycles, etc.) have a certain amount of adjustability for operator preference and in no instance has using these shock adjustments been detrimental to the shock mechanically. Just FYI and MHO.

FSM

Thanks, FSM! That is exactly the feedback and detail that I needed. My SCREW shocks will be getting moved to the middle position.

Bviper

Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys. I have the Deaver system here and waiting to be installed once my truck gets here next month. My question is what is the downside to the truxxx or daystar leveling kit? And will this level it with the Deavers in the rear? Thanks!

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys. I have the Deaver system here and waiting to be installed once my truck gets here next month. My question is what is the downside to the truxxx or daystar leveling kit? And will this level it with the Deavers in the rear? Thanks!

Hey Bviper, I'm sure you've already figured this out, but most of us here that have messed with stance have chosen to do the spring perch mod rather then leveling via spacers like the Truxxx and Daystar kit. There are several threads discussing it here on FRF if you're not familiar.

Also, for what it's worth, if you do choose to use a leveling kit like those then you should probably be installing limiting straps also.

Whether or not you would be level at the end of those mods would depend on a few things... Did you go with the +1" Deaver pack or the +2" Deaver pack?? ...As well as whether or not you remove the rear block when installing the Deavers (From a performance standpoint, most everyone here would recommend you remove the block, this will lower the ass end a bit though).

Those rear variables coupled with which leveling kit you choose up front (or if you go with the spring perch mod whether you go middle or top perch) will dictate your stance and degree of rake.

What kind of stance are you going for?? High and level? Low and level? Nose high? Tail high?? Lemme know and I'll share my thoughts on how to get there and hopefully others will too.

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
Leveling kits are fine for cruising the mall. If you use the truck as intended they are bad news. By relocating the upper shock mounting point by 2" the entire geometry of the suspension is changed. Alignment will be and issue, parts making contact under compression, bump steer, will all be affected in a negative way. Use the perch adjustment. The coilovers are designed with three adjustment positions from Fox. Use them as intended.

Bviper

Reaction score
BOJANGLES said:
Hey Bviper, I'm sure you've already figured this out, but most of us here that have messed with stance have chosen to do the spring perch mod rather then leveling via spacers like the Truxxx and Daystar kit. There are several threads discussing it here on FRF if you're not familiar.

Also, for what it's worth, if you do choose to use a leveling kit like those then you should probably be installing limiting straps also.

Whether or not you would be level at the end of those mods would depend on a few things... Did you go with the +1" Deaver pack or the +2" Deaver pack?? ...As well as whether or not you remove the rear block when installing the Deavers (From a performance standpoint, most everyone here would recommend you remove the block, this will lower the ass end a bit though).

Those rear variables coupled with which leveling kit you choose up front (or if you go with the spring perch mod whether you go middle or top perch) will dictate your stance and degree of rake.

What kind of stance are you going for?? High and level? Low and level? Nose high? Tail high?? Lemme know and I'll share my thoughts on how to get there and hopefully others will too.

Bojangles,

Thanks so much for the info. I've seen the other threads and was leaning toward the perch adjustment but spoke with addictive desert designs (add) they are building some custom bumpers for me, and they recommended the leveling kit from truxxx or daystar. Still not sure sure which way to go?

Truthfully not sure which set up I got from Deaver. We didn't talk options they just sent me a raptor setup. I will call or look at the system I received tomorrow. I definitely want the truck to remain completely functional so I will eliminate the rear block now.

As for the stance I think the high and level looks best but open for suggestions. Thanks for the help!

Bviper

Reaction score
Bojangles,

Thanks so much for the info. I've seen the other threads and was leaning toward the perch adjustment but spoke with addictive desert designs (add) that are building some custom bumpers for me, and they recommended the leveling kit form truxxx or daystar. Still not sure sure which wash to go?

Truthfully not sure which set up I got from Deaver. We didn't talk options they just sent me a raptor setup. I will call or look at the system I received tomorrow. I definitely want the truck to remain completely functional so I will eliminate the rear block now.

As for the stance I think the high and level looks best but open for suggestions. Thanks for the help!

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised someone from ADD would recommend spacers > perch mod. Did you speak to Ryan over there?? ...cause everyone knows that guy likes to huff the powdercoat fumes from time to time. ;)

I like high and level too, or slightly nose-high works for me also. I'm on the top perch and am mounting the +2" Deavers without the rear block just as soon as I realize they weren't intended to function as carpet art for my living room. The end result should be high and level.

JP7

Likes Canadian Mudbaths
Reaction score
I'm surprised someone from ADD would recommend spacers > perch mod. Did you speak to Ryan over there?? ...cause everyone knows that guy likes to huff the powdercoat fumes from time to time. ;)

I like high and level too, or slightly nose-high works for me also. I'm on the top perch and am mounting the +2" Deavers without the rear block just as soon as I realize they weren't intended to function as carpet art for my living room. The end result should be high and level.

I'm curious to hear your impressions of the Deavers as far as the change in flexibility of the truck. They look pretty heavy duty, and I wonder if they'll have the same flex...

Bviper

Reaction score
BOJANGLES said:

I talked to Jared who I believe is the owner. Sounds like a nice setup. So you are happy with the top perch? Did it stiffen your ride a little?