GEN 2 Truck Order Discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oris19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been trolling these threads for a while now and also waiting for a VIN and build date (ordered mid August). I just received a text from dealer today that the plant is not scheduling anymore orders with the upgraded beadlock wheels or the carbon fiber (mine has just the beadlock). Anybody else hearing the same?
View attachment 82138

Jnsgator- Did you happen to hear any more on this? Or anyone else? (Beadlock Wheels)

shapiroeric

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the above is true, which looks to be legit, I will not be ordering. I reached out to my dealer. Was supposed to go Thursday to spec it and leave a deposit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

jnsgator

Reaction score
I haven't heard anything new on this. I gave the dealer the go ahead on Thursday, right when I got the text, to swap out for the standard wheels (reluctantly as it appears I had no choice). Then checked with Ford through social media on Friday and still no VIN/build date.

solsurfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't heard anything new on this. I gave the dealer the go ahead on Thursday, right when I got the text, to swap out for the standard wheels (reluctantly as it appears I had no choice). Then checked with Ford through social media on Friday and still no VIN/build date.

Any reason to skip features you want other than to get a vin and build date? Just curious...

RaeGun

Reaction score
I too am likely to ditch the beadlocks if it will delay my order further (I have not yet gotten confirmation on their unavailability from my dealer and his Ford rep). I am not a huge fan of the standard wheels but my desire to get my truck sooner rather than later overrides my desire to have the forged alum wheels. I suspect Ford Performance will offer the forged aluminum beadlocks for purchase later and I can just add 'em (as they did with Gen1 beadlocks) or I can just go aftermarket and get other wheels. For me, I'm just getting impatient and I'd like to make sure my truck comes before my current vehicle's lease is up.

Miker397

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the above is true, which looks to be legit, I will not be ordering. I reached out to my dealer. Was supposed to go Thursday to spec it and leave a deposit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure it matters that much. A new order now is not going to get pulled for months anyway and supplies may be back in stock by then.

gneissday

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Argh, so annoying if this is accurate information. The greatest off-road truck and I can't get the optional off-road wheels for it? Doesn't that seem a little ridiculous?? I mean, come on Ford, I placed my order in mid-September and that's too late to get the basic options I want? This is my first Ford product and so far not I'm not totally impressed with the ordering process and delays. CF and now the wheels...SMH.

shapiroeric

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Argh, so annoying if this is accurate information. The greatest off-road truck and I can't get the optional off-road wheels for it? Doesn't that seem a little ridiculous?? I mean, come on Ford, I placed my order in mid-September and that's too late to get the basic options I want? This is my first Ford product and so far not I'm not totally impressed with the ordering process and delays. CF and now the wheels...SMH.

Yep....I've got my check ready to place an order now and will hold off....not gonna spend $70K on a truck and not get the wheels I want.....

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yep....I've got my check ready to place an order now and will hold off....not gonna spend $70K on a truck and not get the wheels I want.....

I wouldn't let that be a deal breaker. The bead lock capable wheels are a $1,165 option. You can get better aftermarket wheels for less than that.