GEN 2 Truck Order Discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Autophanatic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Autophanatic,

I think your dealer is telling you the truth. I had checked with mine earlier this week and said he couldn't pull it up yet and he would keep checking and then it came up today, On the sticker it says 3/25/17 for build but he said the site they use says build start is the 21st. I don't think there posting them all a week before the build.

---------- Post added at 06:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:12 PM ----------

I would say your truck will be built when they are telling you. If your dealer would check with the regional rep you would know for sure.

Thanks Mink. I think my dealer is being honest as well, however, they have never been receptive to my requests for them to contact the regional rep. I think they're tiring, frankly, of my weekly requests for updates; sometimes not even that, more like 2 weeks. Anyway, I'm on the home stretch thank God, within the perspective of ordering in July.

Reaction score
Dealer Perspective

Hi everyone! I'm new to the forum but would like to introduce myself and hopefully be able to shed some light on the order situation with Ford and the Raptor. I've been a Sales Manager with a Ford Dealership for the past 10 years. One of the reasons your local dealer is not reaching out to the regional representative is because they simply do not want to hear from us on items like this. We get a lot of push back or "I don't know, let me get back to you...". Then when they do go the extra mile to look into the situation then that "favor" turns into them asking us to take on extra vehicles that are sitting in the holding lots at the plant or off site facilities that we have no interest in purchasing for our inventory. Not usually a topic we want to approach. Then if we say no to the return favor our allocation for specialty vehicles in the coming months and or year may see a decrease for no reason. Your best resource and contact is the New Car Manager or General Manager for the dealership you have placed your order with. Reach out to them via email so that they make look into the situation when the timing is right. Our early 2017 Raptor owners are generally some of our best clients. Prominent in the racing world or very successful business owners in our community that we want to do our best to keep happy. If you find that this is not the case or you are not getting the response from them you are looking for then it might be time to look for a new dealership. On a side note we also have two Raptors inbound that are not currently sold. One in black and one in magnetic. PM me if you are needing more info or if I can be of further assistance on answering questions as it relates to Ford ordering.

Robtor310

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I'm new to the forum but would like to introduce myself and hopefully be able to shed some light on the order situation with Ford and the Raptor. I've been a Sales Manager with a Ford Dealership for the past 10 years. One of the reasons your local dealer is not reaching out to the regional representative is because they simply do not want to hear from us on items like this. We get a lot of push back or "I don't know, let me get back to you...". Then when they do go the extra mile to look into the situation then that "favor" turns into them asking us to take on extra vehicles that are sitting in the holding lots at the plant or off site facilities that we have no interest in purchasing for our inventory. Not usually a topic we want to approach. Then if we say no to the return favor our allocation for specialty vehicles in the coming months and or year may see a decrease for no reason. Your best resource and contact is the New Car Manager or General Manager for the dealership you have placed your order with. Reach out to them via email so that they make look into the situation when the timing is right. Our early 2017 Raptor owners are generally some of our best clients. Prominent in the racing world or very successful business owners in our community that we want to do our best to keep happy. If you find that this is not the case or you are not getting the response from them you are looking for then it might be time to look for a new dealership. On a side note we also have two Raptors inbound that are not currently sold. One in black and one in magnetic. PM me if you are needing more info or if I can be of further assistance on answering questions as it relates to Ford ordering.

Welcome!

Autophanatic

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Thanks for your contribution! I'm sure all of us appreciate a look from the inside, or semi-inside on the retail side. I appreciate your comments about your "early owners", early adopters. This is how I would self identify, buying multiple new vehicles per year (averaging 2.7), as I would imagine how others classify themselves. Naturally, not just the delays, but in come cases, clear deception, that is bestowed upon us makes us feel a bit less treasured. However, I also think that many of us are nuanced enough to understand that not all cogs in the machine are equal, some are straight and true, while others are crooked and warped, leading to, regrettably, decreased proficiency within the operation, which includes superlative customer service throughout the process. Here's tipping a hat to all the altruistic souls.

Jredd

Reaction score
Have your received a VIN # from the dealer yet? If so I will pull the window sticker for you. I'm happy to help!

Not me..............believe a window sticker is not available until a short time before it is built? The Ford Direct approach does not work for me either............

Jredd

Reaction score
Just for clarification.

Also just to clear up any confusion from my first post. By production(A.k.A Being built, or by Ford's Process (Has been accepted and is assigned a build date and a VIN#) I am talking about you or anyone's individual unit. Another Member @Blue_Oval_Dealer posted a very factual and informative process from a dealer's inside perspective. A Must Read for all those wanting a better understanding of the process. That said is why you may feel some dealer's are being blunt. However there are still the few dealer's who make it harder for the rest of us by as "Blue: stated find another dealer. Plenty are here to Help!

Have your received a VIN # from the dealer yet? If so I will pull the window sticker for you. I'm happy to help!

phirinc

Reaction score
My dealer says eta for delivery is 4/23-4/29. Are these estimates generally accurate?

I think if you have a VIN, Ford Performance can get you an ETA which should be very similar to the dealer. If you don't have it, my guess is they are guessing based on experience.

I am sure everyone's experience is different. My first ETA was December 23rd. Now it is March 14 - 20th (both dealer and Ford Performance).

Every time my phone rings I think it is my truck. So far it is only people asking me if I have it yet. I still don't have it and the 20th is almost over.