GEN 2 Truck Order Discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kieth

Reaction score
Thanks, I can see my Raptor there. DO you know if there is a place I can see the sticker so I can see when it is to be built?

cobra4548

Reaction score
On the window sticker under the "Method of Transport" does convoy mean truck as opposed to rail if it is by train?

My window sticker I just pulled says convoy so I was just curious. Truck is going to a dealership in Topeka, Kansas.

lars464

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, big day for me. My 10/13 order finally got a VIN!
I have no idea how soon I can expect delivery. My dealer said mid April, but I hold no hopes at this point. I still am undecided if I will accept the truck. Just depends on how close it lands to the 2018 order bank opening, and if there are a lot more changes and options for 2018.

foo.c

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the window sticker under the "Method of Transport" does convoy mean truck as opposed to rail if it is by train?

My window sticker I just pulled says convoy so I was just curious. Truck is going to a dealership in Topeka, Kansas.

I read somewhere that they have trucks and rail cars that leave the factory. If it leaves on a truck it says CONVOY, but they may just take it to over to a rail yard to be put on a train.

So it does mean truck, but it might not go by truck the whole way.

vladi

Reaction score
Today I got a update on my order from dealer telling me that SCAB orders wont get pulled from them until 03/10/17. Sounds like total BS does ford care if the dealers have pending orders for SCAB vs SCREW I would think the ford line can build scab or screw right after each other. Not sure if batching SCAB or SCREW orders from dealers is baloney!

7GenTex

Reaction score
Today I got a update on my order from dealer telling me that SCAB orders wont get pulled from them until 03/10/17. Sounds like total BS does ford care if the dealers have pending orders for SCAB vs SCREW I would think the ford line can build scab or screw right after each other. Not sure if batching SCAB or SCREW orders from dealers is baloney!

Looks like Ford built around 30 to 40 or so SCAB Raptors on 2/11 and 2/19 based on the "Raptor Finder" thread database. Weekly batches maybe?

https://www.racinenorth.com/raptor/?Territory=USA&Tech=&HeatedSteering=&TailgateApplique=&Color=&Moonroof=&HeatedSeats=&InteriorAccent=&Package=&Beadlock=&HoodGraphics=&CarbonFiber=&Size=SCAB&TailgateStep=&ExteriorGraphics=&CAEmissions=

vladi

Reaction score
Thanks for the link, but it seem that there are scab builds with dates in between those as well. I placed order 3 weeks ago so it should of slotted into one of those batches by now i would think.

7GenTex

Reaction score
Thanks for the link, but it seem that there are scab builds with dates in between those as well. I placed order 3 weeks ago so it should of slotted into one of those batches by now i would think.

There were other SCABS built interspersed between those "batches".

It depends on your dealer's allocations....how many did he get? How many has he used? They are supposedly spread out over the MY 2017 production run as well. What was your order's dealer priority value?

Additionally, what did your dealer mean by "pulled from them"?
Is it currently in "unscheduled / clean" status?

Do you have copy/screenshot of the DORA for your order?