Truck leveling bounce

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MC15

Reaction score
Just over a year ago I went with the TSW shock swap. I decided at the time to take on the option given by them to level the truck. I’ve noticed since then I get a much more pronounced bounce when going over a decent bump at freeway speeds. The truck will feel like it pulls to the left or right.
Any ideas?

JD05

Reaction score
I tend to think this is the stiffness of the rebound in shocks. I personally think my 22 doesn't have enough rebound stock.

Jhollowell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just over a year ago I went with the TSW shock swap. I decided at the time to take on the option given by them to level the truck. I’ve noticed since then I get a much more pronounced bounce when going over a decent bump at freeway speeds. The truck will feel like it pulls to the left or right.
Any ideas?
did you get one of their "tunes" when you got the shocks or did you just have them set at mid perch? Thier bravo tune will increase rebound speed slightly but, honestly i haven't been able to tell the difference when changing shim stacks. Going to mid perch on stock springs will increase preload and make the front a bit stiffer and by default make the rebound a little faster. How many miles since the rebuild? Any visible leakage from the shocks? You may have lost some air pressure in one shock if you're getting a pull to either direction but if its not consistent to one side, maybe that isn't it.

OP
OP
MC15

MC15

Reaction score
I’ve only put about 10k on the new shocks. There’s no visible leakage that I can see. It’s interesting as the bounce comes only when both front tires simultaneously go over the bump in the road. Cornering bumps are fine. Crawling obstacles are fine. I appreciate all of your guys help.

CleverGirl_

Cabin Clown
Reaction score
I’ve only put about 10k on the new shocks. There’s no visible leakage that I can see. It’s interesting as the bounce comes only when both front tires simultaneously go over the bump in the road. Cornering bumps are fine. Crawling obstacles are fine. I appreciate all of your guys help.
Mine does this and I’ve got 90k on my shocks. Here for the solution

Jhollowell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It would be good to know a little more information before anyone can offer suggestions.
OEM shocks?
Mid perch or Low Perch?
Stock springs, Geisers or Eibach?
How many off road miles on shocks?
Have they been rebuilt before?
Tire Pressure?

I'm running Geisers on mid perch with OEM shocks that were rebuilt about 3 months ago and i added the TSW Bravo tune which is very similar to the stock tune, with maybe slightly faster rebound (thinner shims on the rebound stack). I generally run about 35psi in the front tires and I don't get any weird bounces at speed or slow speed (speed bumps, driveways, etc). If you've got 90k on the shocks i'd say you need a rebuild regardless of off-road miles. The 10k after a rebuild is a tough one. If you're able, i would try going to low perch and see if that helps, if not it could be something internal with the shock which is tougher to diagnose. I'm not an expert so there may be something else contributing to the bounce but i'd suggest changing one thing at a time and see if it makes a difference.