LED Headlights auto leveling reversed?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You need to be able to look at the software on the HCM. I have found that 2022MY trucks actually recieved an update that corrects this. 2023 are also running the correct software. For some reason the 2021MY never got the update (The ones that i have looked up so far). So updating the file corrects this.
My original file was F10A: ML34-14D067-BB
Updated file is F10A: ML34-14D067-BE

You need the 2.4 version of forscan and the correct file. Loading the new file only takes about 5 minutes. If you need help im willing but you need to understand that i cant just send links and files to everyone that ask and you also need to know how to use forscan. Also, If you screw something up in the process, Thats on you. Its honestly super easy but you know how some people can be. @BAP84 put in alot of work to verify the issues so i was willing to help. If you do not have tha ability to check what files you have on you HCM, Send me your vin and i can have a look.

OP
OP
BAP84

BAP84

Reaction score
When you guys talk about adjusting the headlights. Is it software or old school screwdriver adjustment?
Both. There is a manual (screwdriver) adjustment you do to set the proper level during the aiming procedure in the service manual. After that is set, suspension height/travel sensors tell a computer (headlight control module) what vertical adjustments to make to the headlight projectors to keep the headlights level with various loads in the truck.

Syberspace

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You need to be able to look at the software on the HCM. I have found that 2022MY trucks actually recieved an update that corrects this. 2023 are also running the correct software. For some reason the 2021MY never got the update (The ones that i have looked up so far). So updating the file corrects this.
My original file was F10A: ML34-14D067-BB
Updated file is F10A: ML34-14D067-BE

You need the 2.4 version of forscan and the correct file. Loading the new file only takes about 5 minutes. If you need help im willing but you need to understand that i cant just send links and files to everyone that ask and you also need to know how to use forscan. Also, If you screw something up in the process, Thats on you. Its honestly super easy but you know how some people can be. @BAP84 put in alot of work to verify the issues so i was willing to help. If you do not have tha ability to check what files you have on you HCM, Send me your vin and i can have a look.
Great and thanks! Just downloaded 2.4.7 and will check on things tomorrow.

Syberspace

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Antho I confirmed I have the ***-BB configuration, which is what you started with.
Been reading up on the firmware process as well on the Forscan forum. Doesn't look intimidating... just need to take your time and follow the process.

Curious... I ordered an OBDLink EX, but have an OBDLink MX+ (What I used to check the hardware info) Any reason I can't use the MX+. I do like the idea of a cable connection, however, is there any reason not to use the MX+?

Thanks.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    247 KB · Views: 17

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@Syberspace Its really easy and you have done half the work just getting to the point your at now. I know they really push for the EX when doing files. Since you ordered one, I would just wait for it. I will PM you the files.

im33303

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Syberspace Its really easy and you have done half the work just getting to the point your at now. I know they really push for the EX when doing files. Since you ordered one, I would just wait for it. I will PM you the files.
I would really appreciate it if you send me the files too, please.

Been using Forscan for some years now and am very familiar with it.

bilegt

Reaction score
Can you please help me out as well? I am fairly familiar with ForScan. My headlights are not working as they should and it get drives me crazy when loading the truck with some payload and driving it in the night.

On the side note though, do you have all of the updated files for other modules as well? I purchased mine in Mongolia via local authorized Ford dealer, and some reason the truck didn't come with TCU module, which means cannot update the Sync system over the air. Thought manually updating APIM, IPMA, etc.. so can get the benefits such as full screen AirPlay, and others?

@Antho