Treypal's Raptor Build and Prep

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
treypal

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
Added a craven speed antenna. Had to take the stock one off last year. The antenna mount is pretty silt filled, I had trouble getting the craven speed in, stripped off some of the paint...

Ordered EBC Yellow Pads and Sport Rotors for the front.

OP
OP
treypal

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
Total was 580 shipped. I can't remember the individual costs. I'll have to look it up.

OP
OP
treypal

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
Skidplate Installed. Had to replace most of the factory skid plate bolts since the heads were smashed up and had to be removed with vice grips. Went back with socket head bolts. Had to take a 4lb hammer to the engine skid, it was in pretty bad shape.

Its really hard to take good cellphone pics under a truck.

When we pulled the stock skids off I discovered the extent of my "Boulder Parking" damage from Baja last year. All 4 engine skid bolts were in a bind from the plate being dimpled in, the front frame cross-member is bent and smashed in, but still seems functional. There is a small dent in the tranny pan, good thing it wasn't a game-ender...

I also installed the SDHQ frame kit and ABS guards. The passenger side frame kit went in with no problem, the drivers not so much. Pretty sure my frame is bent, I had to grind down the frame reinforcement to get the bolt holes to line up.

The abs guards had too much powder coat and the holes had to be drilled out, and the drivers front didn't fit at all. I also don't see how anything could damage the front ones, they are tucked way up in there, sell a rear set only for $30...

Last edited:

GsxrRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice set up me and my friend gonna be going to the Baja Aswell. On a lava orange raptor an ing silver raptor !! Heading out thursday 17th to Ensenada for the launch then chancing for a little then hitting sanfelipe we have a house there we jst trying to set a convoy to roll prepared n have a good time n watch the Baja. We did the same thing for the tecate score challenge. Was fun Let me know if any interest

OP
OP
treypal

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
I will be prerunning from Nov 11-17, then we are chasing for a solo bike rider. We will be on the SF loop, then Valley T.

OP
OP
treypal

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
Brakes are in. Man do they stop! A few odds and ends left, and we are off to Baja on Thursday!

OP
OP
treypal

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
Hey, what disks are those? Looks like you used the stock calipers but upgraded pads? What pads? My biggest complaint about the truck is that it stops like a cruise ship.

EBC Sport Rotors and Yellow Stuff Pads. The sucker stops like a sports car now.