Travel Advisory - San Antonio Texas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blue Thunder

Reaction score
Another victim of the San Antonio "don't want a real job" thieves.
Hotel parking lot, Hampton Inn 1719 Cable Ranch Rd, over near Sea World/Lackland AFB.
Same as normal, spun driver side lock cylinder. They managed to spin, break the locks on my under back seat storage box. Tool marks on top of the box in a circle pattern. This was not their first break in. My ******* did not bring everything up to the room with me and they got a rifle.
SA police did come out and I have case number, but know it will never be solved. Cameras on the hotel and in parking lot......never will be reviewed. 3 other vehicles were also broken into, a Ford dually, Chevy Silverado and a Jeep. All on the higher end. I was the only vehicle that did not get broken glass.
I did read somewhere that the Ford app sent notifications out, mine never sent anything or registered an event. Ideas?

So now I have the fun task of getting everything fixed and sent to SA police with serial numbers.

Please, I know it was dumb to leave it in the truck...

mg32

Reaction score
I live in SA. My previous truck was a 2016 Ford F150 Limited. It got broken into in the La Cantera area. They used a screw driver to pop the lock on the driver's door handle. Only thing that ended up stolen was a cheap pair of sunglasses.

On my Raptor, I had the driver's door handle replaced with a passenger handle with no key lock. I'm sure it won't completely stop a thief, but it takes away the quick pry that most thieves do on F150s. Can't recall the cost, but it wasn't too bad. Got it done at the same time I was getting windows tinted. The touch to lock/unlock still works great. Guess I'm just in trouble if the battery dies.

wheelman55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another victim of the San Antonio "don't want a real job" thieves.
Hotel parking lot, Hampton Inn 1719 Cable Ranch Rd, over near Sea World/Lackland AFB.
Same as normal, spun driver side lock cylinder. They managed to spin, break the locks on my under back seat storage box. Tool marks on top of the box in a circle pattern. This was not their first break in. My ******* did not bring everything up to the room with me and they got a rifle.
SA police did come out and I have case number, but know it will never be solved. Cameras on the hotel and in parking lot......never will be reviewed. 3 other vehicles were also broken into, a Ford dually, Chevy Silverado and a Jeep. All on the higher end. I was the only vehicle that did not get broken glass.
I did read somewhere that the Ford app sent notifications out, mine never sent anything or registered an event. Ideas?

So now I have the fun task of getting everything fixed and sent to SA police with serial numbers.

Please, I know it was dumb to leave it in the truck...
Sorry to hear. Happened to me at the Courtyard by Marriott SAT.

Check to see if your horn works. One of the first things that they teach young scoundrels is to pop the horn wire connector, passenger side behind the grill. No horn means no alarm.

I’m guessing that these thieves have their own forum of sorts.

If the connector wasn’t damaged when it was pulled out you can push it back in…unless you have XL paws:)

BBR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I live in SA. My previous truck was a 2016 Ford F150 Limited. It got broken into in the La Cantera area. They used a screw driver to pop the lock on the driver's door handle. Only thing that ended up stolen was a cheap pair of sunglasses.

On my Raptor, I had the driver's door handle replaced with a passenger handle with no key lock. I'm sure it won't completely stop a thief, but it takes away the quick pry that most thieves do on F150s. Can't recall the cost, but it wasn't too bad. Got it done at the same time I was getting windows tinted. The touch to lock/unlock still works great. Guess I'm just in trouble if the battery dies.

If you search, there's a solution to the battery dying problem that consists of a battery cable/terminal extension into the passenger wheel wheel. I'm going to do the passenger handle swap myself soon.

mattl600

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
very interesting.

A buddy of mine was driving back from Atlanta in his raptor.

He used the hotel valet in San Antonio and his raptor was stolen along with 2 other F150s.

Luckily it was recovered without anything missing.

Apparently he was told the cartel hires young kids to rip off the trucks and look for guns. To them trucks = guns.

Blue Thunder

Reaction score
UPDATE----San Antonio police are not moving forward with investigation. I total understand...bad cameras, no real evidence left, etc. Serial number of rifle was entered into NCIC.
BTW the under storage safe, TUFFY brand is being a bit difficult. Offered a discount on a new unit, acknowledge that you can break into them and said I could add a metal plate near locking arm to prevent that.....OK, shouldn't you start to put these on at the factory.
$940.00 for new painted door handle.
Just sad, plus all the time of running around and phone calls.