Transmission squeal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

farman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I always thought it was the throttle body opening when it makes that noise. Just the right angle of the blade when the engine is sucking in air and it makes a whistle noise. Idk could be completely wrong just a theory. Mine does it to by the way.

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well I'll leave this up for a few days and if nobody knows then I will go to my dealer and let them figure it out I guess.

Let us know if you decide to head in to the dealership, TBONE21. I'll be here in case you need me to jump in and help.

Crystal

TheJACKedViking

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After seeing this thread I decided to go out to my 2014 Screw and I have the same thing. I never noticed it until i saw this thread.

It may have been happening on the stock CAI but right now I have an AFE CAI installed. It does sound like the throttle body..

OP
OP
TBONE21

TBONE21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After seeing this thread I decided to go out to my 2014 Screw and I have the same thing. I never noticed it until i saw this thread.

It may have been happening on the stock CAI but right now I have an AFE CAI installed. It does sound like the throttle body..

Well atleast that rules out the intake. Probably the throttle body.
I'm going to take it to ford at some point.

---------- Post added at 08:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 AM ----------

Let us know if you decide to head in to the dealership, TBONE21. I'll be here in case you need me to jump in and help.

Crystal

Thanks crystal. I think I'll be ok. Doug at Crescent ford is one of the best in my book. We will get it figured out.

TheJACKedViking

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let me know what you find out TBone. Driving around downtown today I noticed it the entire time. It's one of those things where you hear it once and hear it all the time. Driving me f'n crazy now.

OP
OP
TBONE21

TBONE21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hauled my Can Am Maverick to WV this weekend to ride and it really squeals a lot as it holds that rpm up for a while before it shifts.
Its always when your giving the truck fuel. It goes away when your backing off the pedal. I still plan to take it to the dealer but I feel this is going to get nowhere since a lot of people here are indicating they have it too.

OP
OP
TBONE21

TBONE21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I called the dealer today to talk to the service manager about it. He is a good friend. He said he could drive it but I am going to try to get him a good video of it so he can send it up to Ford.

Ill keep you guys updated as things progress.

DeepSeaOne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a guess but it sounds like injectors doing what injectors do with a quick throttle burst. Some are noisy...some are not. Run a little Lucas upper cylinder lube in the fuel and see if it goes away.

OP
OP
TBONE21

TBONE21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Service manager just emailed me back after seeing the video I posted here.
He says it sounds like the air rushing around the throttle plate. He just had one in there with the exact same issue.

I asked him what did they do to fix it and when to bring my truck in.

More to come.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc