Transmission issues from being towed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KDub

Reaction score
Hoping someone has some good input here and thanks in advance for responses. My 2107 got towed and the transmission is now acting up. I don't believe anyone got inside to put in neutral or anything that probably should've been done. It feels like it's slipping and making these "woof woof" noises in 1st at initial acceleration and stopping. Happening going slow in reverse as well. When I picked it up from the lot, the dash lit up with a whole array of warnings but seems to have been a reaction to not like being towed. I'm taking it in tomorrow to get looked at but wondering if anyone has experience or suggestions on what this is and a fix (if necessary.)

Thanks

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The transmission most likely has significant internal damage; the bearings and components would have been turning without any lubrication from the pump.

Probably a good time to call your insurance company. Not sure if you can go after the tow company for damages, but would be worth looking into.

1BAD454SSv2

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Transfer case needs be in flat tow mode. How was it towed ? pulled onto Flat bed still in park ? picked up from rear ? picked up from front?

OP
OP
KDub

KDub

Reaction score
They checked a little form that says wheel lift, front, and rear. The lot guy said he doesn't know anything because he's not the tow truck driver. You know how it goes. Working on getting the truck driver's contact just to get all information but I don't know if they'll give it to me.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Did it get towed because you were parked illegally or something like that? Obviously you weren't around. With so many vehicles needing to be towed properly these days, there is no excuse for tow truck drivers to not know how to tow correctly, sounds like a snatch and grab, worry or lie later mentality. Hope its covered and you're not out of pocket.

1BAD454SSv2

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Pays to have a dash cam that records on any bumps or motion when parked . I almost got hit today ,caddy turned in front of me I had the green light . Dam near hit her.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210518-175601_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210518-175601_Gallery.jpg
    200.7 KB · Views: 31

Trailmaker

Off-road junky
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hoping someone has some good input here and thanks in advance for responses. My 2107 got towed and the transmission is now acting up. I don't believe anyone got inside to put in neutral or anything that probably should've been done. It feels like it's slipping and making these "woof woof" noises in 1st at initial acceleration and stopping. Happening going slow in reverse as well. When I picked it up from the lot, the dash lit up with a whole array of warnings but seems to have been a reaction to not like being towed. I'm taking it in tomorrow to get looked at but wondering if anyone has experience or suggestions on what this is and a fix (if necessary.)

Thanks
What was the outcome?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc