GEN 2 Trade in year to year

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RobW33

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure about the spread between wholesale and retail, but I just got a trade in quote of $57K for a '18 SCREW (Lead foot) with an original MSRP of $70,500 here in California. The bank lending value of that truck is $66K. It does have 27K miles. If the owner decides to trade it in the dealer will likely get mid to high 60's at retail. What a scam, particularly here in California where many low mile raptors are still going for close to MSRP. Sort of feels like the bubble is starting to bust here on Raptor values. Doubt they will drop like a rock, but it may get more normal...

Goflight2

Reaction score
I feel your pain, just paid $5935 to register mine in CA (State sales tax and DMV fees) and my County sales tax (Ventura) is lower than some others... Oh, and even though all Raptors are 50 State Emissions compliant had to pony up another $100 bucks in weigh and smog fees....

I was in the same boat. Still cheaper than buying here in SoCal, though!

POOPonYOU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I feel your pain, just paid $5935 to register mine in CA (State sales tax and DMV fees) and my County sales tax (Ventura) is lower than some others... Oh, and even though all Raptors are 50 State Emissions compliant had to pony up another $100 bucks in weigh and smog fees....

I thought your's was customer ordered? They didn't add the california emissions option?

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
I thought your's was customer ordered? They didn't add the california emissions option?

All new raptors are 50 state legal with regards to some even if it does not say it on the sticker it says it under the hood.