Traction Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
Ya its all in there. There is also a raptor specific manual that talks about it. The lambo being AWD shouldn't have that issue though. Might have that looked at

Badrap

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken, but I've been known to be, isn't the rear diff suppose to "act like" a limited slip when the locker isn't engaged???.......in which case your one wheel peel might be a problem.....

May sound crazy for Tx, but I had this problem during the earlier snow/ice here going up a hill noone else could make and just hit the 4Hi mid hill and took it like flat ground with no lock on.

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
yup, the traction control applies brake to the spinning wheel forcing power back to the slower/stopped wheel. Basically a limited slip. In just plain 4WD with the trac on, you should be able to go anywhere in the snow

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ya its all in there. There is also a raptor specific manual that talks about it. The lambo being AWD shouldn't have that issue though. Might have that looked at
I thought it was weird too but the dealer told me it was normal. It only happens at full lock left or right and is because the rear wheels are spinning faster than the fronts therefore it's kind of skipping on the front's if that makes any sense

Phyguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Raining in Denver a day or two ago and every stop light I accelerated from at stop at I would catch a tire. TC was on. I was still spinning. newly wet/slick pavement and a big motor I guess. I wasn't conan'ing the gas either...normal stuff.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
From my understanding, the rears turn faster because of the uneven power distribution. I believe it's something like 40% front and 60% rear??

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
Thats just how the power is layed out. If the car has 560hp. The rears are seeing 560hp, the fronts are only getting 448hp. thats so you don't understeer when accelerating in corners.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'll ask them about this next time I take it in for an oil change. For now, I just avoid turning at full lock when unnecessary (extra point turns)

Any ideas on what might be the issue though?