TPMS issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Macdaddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wondering if anyone has had issues with the tire pressure monitoring system? I have a 2020 with 38k miles and the tpms keeps faulting. It’s been into ford 4 times now, they changed everything they said. From the brains of the unit to each sensor and every time I pick it up a day or two later the dash lights up with system fault. I am tired of constantly taking it in, they do give me a brand new loaner f150 or explorer but why can’t these techs figure it out????

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do you have any aftermarket electrical or electronic components in the truck? Something as simple as a cell phone charger can generate enough electrical interference to interrupt the TPMS signal transmission.

EastEndAngler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive had TPMS issues since day 1 (before I loaded the electronics into the truck) - Ford has replaced sensor(s) and the problem remains.

Note that it only throws an error for 1 wheel and it has to be after 30-45mins of driving with speeds over 50mph.

OP
OP
Macdaddy

Macdaddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have any aftermarket electrical or electronic components in the truck? Something as simple as a cell phone charger can generate enough electrical interference to interrupt the TPMS signal transmission.
I was hoping you would see this, figured you’d have best thoughts of any. As you can see I posted that no after market of any kind and no charging cables. Ford service replaced the bcm and all the sensors twice (thought they had a bad batch). Now after driving about 30 min I lose only 1 sensor instead of all 4. They “fix” it and then I drive it and right back to not working.

OP
OP
Macdaddy

Macdaddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive had TPMS issues since day 1 (before I loaded the electronics into the truck) - Ford has replaced sensor(s) and the problem remains.

Note that it only throws an error for 1 wheel and it has to be after 30-45mins of driving with speeds over 50mph.
That’s sounds exactly like my problem only not from day 1. Mine worked great for 2 yrs and 2 months

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Maybe try a different sensor frequency? Think the 17s and 18s had 2 different sensor options. Not sure on a 2020.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Maybe try a different sensor frequency? Think the 17s and 18s had 2 different sensor options. Not sure on a 2020.

Or maybe they just have one bad TPMS in the batch. Just because you replace with new parts, doesn’t mean you get working parts :)

OP, it may be a PITA, but I’d get them to pull and replace that one lone TPMS.
well... on 2nd thought

I’d move that tire/wheel assembly to another location and confirm the problem follows the tire/wheel combo. If the problem follows the wheel, replace the TPMS.

If it doesn’t follow the wheel, then something close to the bad connection is interfering.