Too Much?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm in the minority here but this concept of there can never be too many lights is ridiculous. I've seen more than a couple raptors on frf that looked like people threw as much money as they could at the thing and bolted on every cheesedick mod possible without any thought for tasteful execution. That said I don't think the 20" under the 30" looks bad and the flush mounts are a novel idea. I'm sure I'll get flamed now but there are plenty of people here with more dollars than sense and they are entitled to their mods without my criticism. The truck is looking good.

D

Deleted member 12951

Shit, now I am wondering if he might be talking about my truck.....but I don't remember ordering any cheesedicks so it might not be.....

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Shit, now I am wondering if he might be talking about my truck.....but I don't remember ordering any cheesedicks so it might not be.....

Hahaha I don't think I've seen your truck before, I haven't been too active for a bit. My internet is crap here so I only pop on from time to time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
The Macf

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm in the minority here but this concept of there can never be too many lights is ridiculous. I've seen more than a couple raptors on frf that looked like people threw as much money as they could at the thing and bolted on every cheesedick mod possible without any thought for tasteful execution. That said I don't think the 20" under the 30" looks bad and the flush mounts are a novel idea. I'm sure I'll get flamed now but there are plenty of people here with more dollars than sense and they are entitled to their mods without my criticism. The truck is looking good.

Sir, this is a strictly cheesedick monkeyfuck free zone, Sir.

This is what happens when you get bored on deployment and start buying shit because it's on sale instead of saving for what you really need. Unfortunately I had all these lights and no one will buy second hand Chinese lights no matter how good they are. So I might as well put them on. Plus I like being able to see everything at night. No matter how far off the road it is.

That being said, had I known then what I know now and the products available today were available two years ago, there would only be one 30" KC FLEX on the front and a whole bunch of Icon underneath.

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Haha I'm deployed again at the moment and considering revamping my lights, considering taking my light cannons off of my light tower and mounting them on my raceline bumper and putting a 60" Baja designs Onx6 Arc on the windshield. I really like the flex, they are a quality light and love the look, I've got tabs for a 20" on my raceline as well and have thought about the flex, but the new vision x xpr bars have some really impressive numbers and a hell of a price as well.

cbcgeneral

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Haha I'm deployed again at the moment and considering revamping my lights, considering taking my light cannons off of my light tower and mounting them on my raceline bumper and putting a 60" Baja designs Onx6 Arc on the windshield. I really like the flex, they are a quality light and love the look, I've got tabs for a 20" on my raceline as well and have thought about the flex, but the new vision x xpr bars have some really impressive numbers and a hell of a price as well.

Didn't you just say above about having too many lights. Lol.

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Didn't you just say above about having too many lights. Lol.

You think a light bar and some cannons is too many? If that's your number that's your number, flavor to taste man. For me it's the stuff like two on the bumper, two behind the grill, hood mounts and then stuff on the roof. To me, all of that together is out of control, to me that answers the question that there can be too many lights, and that is the point where it is cluttered and unwieldy. I think a roof/window mount and something on the bumper works. But it's an opinion piece, what is optimal for you?

cbcgeneral

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You think a light bar and some cannons is too many? If that's your number that's your number, flavor to taste man. For me it's the stuff like two on the bumper, two behind the grill, hood mounts and then stuff on the roof. To me, all of that together is out of control, to me that answers the question that there can be too many lights, and that is the point where it is cluttered and unwieldy. I think a roof/window mount and something on the bumper works. But it's an opinion piece, what is optimal for you?

I was just playing. But I do think the better quality light you use the less you need. With a 60" Baja and one down lower in the bumper I think it will be bright as hell. I know what you're say about some people going nuts with the lights but it does depend what you do with your truck. With dusty conditions you definitely need extra lights especially facing the rear for safety so others can see you. The ones that make me laugh are the trucks that never leave the pavement and have lights everywhere. Now that's a huge waste of time and money.

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was just playing. But I do think the better quality light you use the less you need. With a 60" Baja and one down lower in the bumper I think it will be bright as hell. I know what you're say about some people going nuts with the lights but it does depend what you do with your truck. With dusty conditions you definitely need extra lights especially facing the rear for safety so others can see you. The ones that make me laugh are the trucks that never leave the pavement and have lights everywhere. Now that's a huge waste of time and money.

Yeah, right now the only forward facing light I have is five cannons, they are great for throw, but I could use the help of a bar for flood. Other than that I have a 6" rigid facing rear. I agree with adding light to suit conditions, but there are trucks with like double the lights of any trophy truck I've ever seen.

4620de29f924258b21a7627d8335f1b3.jpg

Some peoples light setup lol

Last edited:

cbcgeneral

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, right now the only forward facing light I have is five cannons, they are great for throw, but I could use the help of a bar for flood. Other than that I have a 6" rigid facing rear. I agree with adding light to suit conditions, but there are trucks with like double the lights of any trophy truck I've ever seen.

4620de29f924258b21a7627d8335f1b3.jpg

Some people light setup lol

That's funny. I definitely know a few trucks that look similar. And half of them only use their lights when they're in the parking garage at the mall to see better. Lol.