To Whipple or not to Whipple...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dv8tor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not to steer this off topic but is anyone talking about making a forged crank for the 6.2? I'd feel safer throwing some boost at my truck if the bottom end was built up correctly and on a forged crank. I wouldn't do it on stock internals. Just my opinion.

Cubdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I could be wrong here but 5 Star hasn't gotten their hands on a Whippled Raptor yet to play with, would certainly be interesting what he could do though.

Cubdriver, did you get the 3.500 pulley? and maybe you sould opt for the 3.375 it sounds like you would like it.

I meant if he has the cash laying around to buy it, if not he should get a 5 Star Tune and pass on the Whipple.

I have the 3.65 pulley but have a 3.375 and 3.250 on order. I reinstalled the my PCM last night and my outside temp is working and the drivability is improved.

Hank

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's good to hear! You are going to fell a big difference going to the 3.375 from 3.675
I'm getting 10.5 to 10.8 boost with the 3.375 and stock exhaust!

I going to wait till I go LTs and drop down in boost a little before trying the 3.250
Or wait till rbarn tries it first, he staying stock exhaust for now as well.

Last edited:

rbarn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Or wait till rbarn tries it first, he staying stock exhaust for now as well.

Always open up the intake path on a twin screw blower before wasting money on exhaust. Kenne Bell has dyno graph after dyno graph proving this.

3.25 pulley will probably have too much belt slip. It'll be for later as well.
Realistically the stock crank should handle 800+ hp with a good set of rods and pistons. I'm worried about the pistons more than anything else.

and after an afternoon of driving mine the answer is HELL YES YOU WANT TO WHIPPLE.

1/2 throttle down shifts while cruising under 45mph feel like it did when you floored it pre-blower. Truck shoots off the line and sounds like you have jet engine under the hood. LUV IT.

Last edited:

Dv8tor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Rbarn do you mean the stock manifolds and "y" pipe or keep the entire exhaust stock before modifying the intake? How come no one makes shorty headers for our trucks yet? I know Stainless is working on mid length but I'm talking shorty or tuned shorties. Would that be the way to go?

rbarn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rbarn do you mean the stock manifolds and "y" pipe or keep the entire exhaust stock before modifying the intake? How come no one makes shorty headers for our trucks yet? I know Stainless is working on mid length but I'm talking shorty or tuned shorties. Would that be the way to go?

The entire exhaust. the stock muffler actually has good flow. Only change it if you want more noise.

We have limited mods available because this engine is used in limited platforms most of which are not geared at the performance market like say a Mustang is. Only so many Raptors and Harley F150's running around and I cant imagine anyone is modding their F250 equipped 6.2L's

Shorties would help a little. The CAT's are really the bottle neck. I bet you would gain 30-40rwhp with the stock headers and an "off road" mid pipe.