Tires what are the best for my area

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm looking for a good snow, mud tire that also are good on pavement. Pic's brand and why you like them.

---------- Post added at 11:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 PM ----------

The wife took the truck to work the other day had some snow and she put it sideways in a bridge. I have the stockers on so definitely need a South Dakota tire.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Damn.. sliding in the snow can get scary. Is she ok? The truck that is...

Check out the snow tire thread. Mighty get some ideas there. I always ran Cooper Discovers on my Chevy and had good luck.

Joe

OP
OP
Wilson

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
ya she's fine both of them lol. I don't know how to look for threads I try just never have luck guessing what it would be called.

BDRAG

HAhahaaaa.
Reaction score
I love my Barbedwire specials which are made in the same plant as the Duratracs and only cost me $ 258 each in a 35 x 12.50x 17. They are FEIRCE ATTATUDES. Claim to be Kelly, Dunlop and Goodyear. Made in goodyear plant for F A and Kelly. So far they wear damn decent and have not chunked up and run quiet compared to many. The local hispanics also LOVE the barbedwire look! AHhahaaaaaaaaaaa. I bought mine at a goodyear store.

My next choice by price around here was the Toyo open country. Had a set priced for $1100 installed at an independent shop. Cash price.

BDRAG

keatonskidmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score
duratracs..I live in texas but do see that frozen slick stuff on occasion lol. But the duratracs have already lasted longer then stocks did and still have another 20,000 in them. Best wet traction off-road tire i've ran.