Tire vibration?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been concerned with this since day one. I switched to Fuel wheels and the idiots at the shop didn't balance them the right way. So I dropped $100 to have another shop double check and re-balance. I'm STILL getting a LOT of wheel hop on the freeway. It's not everywhere which makes me feel it may not be the tires. None the less, I have a shop with Road Force balances that is going to check them again and verify whether the wheels are, and can be, balanced.

I've wondered if it's because of the lighter truck compared to the '12.

Sometimes, when I nail it getting onto the freeway, my rear end and acceleration seem just plain squirrelly!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I recently started having issues with very slight vibrations and a friction, or soft grinding noise, coming from the front. My tires are balanced and rotated every 5K miles, so I thought it might be the wheel bearings, etc.... It was time to get the tires rotated again and I found out that my front tires are cupped (hills and valleys on the tires ranging from a measurement of 8 to 10); the rear tires were fine. I have 35K miles on the truck, so I'm guessing the issue is weak shocks allowing the tires to bounce slightly wearing down some spots on the tires more than others. From what I can tell, the suspension seems to be fine, but maybe not. I just put Geiser and Deaver +3 springs on the truck, so hopefully the good rear tires which were just rotated to the front remain good, but I'm guessing they will also start cupping due to what is likely a shock issue. If you have issues similar to mine, check to see if your tires are starting to cup.

1roadking

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder if it could be the front limited slip engaging/sticking when it shouldn’t?

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder if it could be the front limited slip engaging/sticking when it shouldn’t?

so let's talk about that ....... I am only driving in two wheel drive mode, but are you thinking the AWD system may still be engaging sometimes? Could something wrong with the IWE cause cupped tires?

1roadking

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The front diff is a Torsten limited slip and I’m wondering if it some how is trying to lock up when it shouldn’t causing a slight bind in the front end.

RYANK

Reaction score
Having the same issue, driving me nuts, just got 37x12.50r17 nitto ridge grapplers put on, everything was fine before with stock tires, had it road force balanced twice and the second shop is a off road shop. Still feeling bumpy on the high way, feels like I’m constantly going over small bumps, when it slow down from 75 ish to 65 it vibrates more, not sure what it could be right now lol, maybe the tires are bad?