Gold Certified from a dealer - found out 1 tire is out of round

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
H

Hal993

Reaction score
Make sure they put a TPMS unit in the spare
Absolutely hilarious... sort-of. Friday afternoon they call me to tell me it's done and they are bringing it to me. About 20min later my phone dings... it's the Ford app.... Tire Pressure issue... sure enough no reading on the right rear tire.

I call the SA and ask if, by chance they mounted the spare tire without moving the TPMS to it. .... You know the answer. They turned the driver around - back to the dealership, took it back and "fixed it".

but... they left tire mount goop all over the wheels, ... and now at 70mph+, the vibration is worse than the set before this "new" set.

I have an appt. at DT on Wednesday to road-force an get some answers. I think the dealer in question can safely be crossed off the list.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I’ve learned a few things since my first KO2 replacement. First, it seems the stealerships eschew road force balancing and get it “good enough” to only vibrate a little at 55 and give up. If you press them, they throw their hands up and say they can’t get it any better. Second, the KO2’s are hard to balance, historically. If you look at the weights on your stock tires, you’ll see there are A LOT. I had 14 ounces of weights on one wheel, 6 on another. I really didn’t mind because it rode as smooth as glass.
Third, even R/F balancers are getting it “good enough”, you need to hold them to finish until you’re 75-80mph with no vibration discernible. If you don’t, there will be one or two wheels that will become problems when they’re moved up front.

Good luck.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
I would take it to a "good" tire shop and pay them to balance the tires, or give a opinion if they are out of round. A buddy has a tire machine in his garage and he gets them much closer to zero than what others call acceptable.

OP
OP
H

Hal993

Reaction score
I would take it to a "good" tire shop and pay them to balance the tires, or give a opinion if they are out of round. A buddy has a tire machine in his garage and he gets them much closer to zero than what others call acceptable.
I have an appointment at a Discount Tire on Wednesday - specifically to have them Roadforce balanced. I'll pay the $70 for the lifetime balance with them.