GEN 2 Tire Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

richnot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now I understand what you mean, You did get lucky on that on for sure! I guess for $500 you would be buying a tire and also buying them dinner too lol

Ski4Ever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now I understand what you mean, You did get lucky on that on for sure! I guess for $500 you would be buying a tire and also buying them dinner too lol
I think you're confused...that wasn't the OP that replied and posted the new picture after you asked your questions. Those are Cooper tires, not the BFG KO2 that the OP was talking about.

richnot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Confused, who me? Thanks for pointing that out to me

All I had seen was the big ass nail. So I am still confused on the OP, and Diesel71 did get lucky with that big ass nail. Having a nail or cut in your sidewall spells doom for your tire and that just sucks when there is plenty of life left in it.

My wife ended up getting a piece of a headlight go into the sidewall of her Grand Cherokee, it was raining out and she passed through a accident scene on 95 on the way home from Virginia beach. Jeep had less than 4000 mi on it and thankfully I ordered it with a full size spare. I bought a new tire through TireRack and with talking to the salesman he was telling me how the water acts like a lubricant and it probably would have not punctured the tire if it weren't raining out. How true this is, I have no Idea? it does make sense but who knows

Last edited:

MIScrEanT

Reaction score
If you went to a dealership I would believe it. They are a shady bunch. Tried to do the same thing to me. Put my new spare on and the old tire back under the truck. I started going to a Lincoln dealer not affiliated with the ******** Ford dealer's group. The Lincoln dealer did an excellent job compared to Ford. Even gave me a time to bring it in when they could get to it within a couple hours. Ford is always like "it goes in the que. We will get to it in a week.!