Tire Pressure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Not really Birdman----we can run C to E ratings. On mine I have had 50 to 65lbs. As stated earlier---way too many variables involved here to even discuss except in general terms. I may be running 37x12.50/18's that are the same load rating as your 315/65/17 for example. The load and sidewall height have a lot to do with what goes on inside the tire. Higher sidewall will mean more flex just because there is more height.

Don't want to turn this into a :banghead: match but tire development is something I have been associated with for over 25 years. If you have questions email the manufacturer and advise them of your vehicle and the tires you are wanting to install. You will get pretty generic answers but if you are wanting to do something stupid like run 28 psi in a 65 psi tire they will tell you that you are a rolling accident waiting for a place to happen lol.

I look forward to learning more from you, but did you read what I posted? What I'm saying if you change to the same size tire, rim and load rating 44psi is going to be a great place to start. If you change any one of those things then yes you will need to dial in new operating PSI, possibly significantly. There is no standard. I also stated in my first post to contact the manufacturer. It seems like you echoed my previous posts and presented it as if you were saying something different. Ultimately I'm not an expert, but lets be honest - anyone can spend 10 minutes on tire rack's tire FAQ and know 95% of what they need to know.

Sent from my right thumb using Tapatalk.

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Birdman---What I took maybe right or wrong issue with is the assumption that 44psi is good for our trucks as a general place to start. The tire shown did not state what the pressure or load range was. You stated earlier “most of the tires available for our trucks(that will fit) are very close in size and load rating” There is a huge difference in the tires that can go on our trucks from very low profile 22’s to 37 inch 18’s for example that I run on mine. Sidewall height, load rating and the amount of payload is very important in determining tire pressure.

FWIW the first post was based on the comment you made about using what is on the door frame as well as some of the other posters comments. The tire in the pic by the OP is not anywhere close to the tire that comes on the truck lol. The sidewall on the OP’s pic is pretty short compared to the factory tire. I have had more tires on my trucks (might say it is a hobby lol-4th set on the Raptor counting the BFG’s) over the years than I like to think about but each truck is different in what it prefers. My point was and is that you should start with what is on the sidewall at psi cold max and go down 15 to 20% Max if under no load. After that, get competent advice from the manufacturer. Can or could you go down 30% or maybe 35% don’t know but before I did something like that it would stem from advice from the manufacturer not a computer chat board.

Anyway---there ya go. Did not want to come across as a "condescending ****"! My feelings are still hurt over that one! Going to call my Shrink because my feeling are very easily bruised and I feel a tear! Have to go get a tissue!!:bawl:

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Birdman---What I took maybe right or wrong issue with is the assumption that 44psi is good for our trucks as a general place to start. The tire shown did not state what the pressure or load range was. You stated earlier “most of the tires available for our trucks(that will fit) are very close in size and load rating” There is a huge difference in the tires that can go on our trucks from very low profile 22’s to 37 inch 18’s for example that I run on mine. Sidewall height, load rating and the amount of payload is very important in determining tire pressure.

FWIW the first post was based on the comment you made about using what is on the door frame as well as some of the other posters comments. The tire in the pic by the OP is not anywhere close to the tire that comes on the truck lol. The sidewall on the OP’s pic is pretty short compared to the factory tire. I have had more tires on my trucks (might say it is a hobby lol-4th set on the Raptor counting the BFG’s) over the years than I like to think about but each truck is different in what it prefers. My point was and is that you should start with what is on the sidewall at psi cold max and go down 15 to 20% Max if under no load. After that, get competent advice from the manufacturer. Can or could you go down 30% or maybe 35% don’t know but before I did something like that it would stem from advice from the manufacturer not a computer chat board.

Anyway---there ya go. Did not want to come across as a "condescending ****"! My feelings are still hurt over that one! Going to call my Shrink because my feeling are very easily bruised and I feel a tear! Have to go get a tissue!!:bawl:

i just can't seem to get along with the Texans :(

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I run my right rear tier almost flat coz it is the griper and the rest over inflated for mpg.

---------- Post added at 07:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:36 AM ----------

LOL just kidding I'm fussy about my tire pressure I can't stand it when one tire is a point over or under.

Last edited:

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Naaaa makes me no difference. I am still upset about being called a "****"!! Excuse me have to go get another tissue, still verschimmelt over here!

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
OK, you're not a ****, Boss. Just hate when my homies be disrespectin' me.