The search for a Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This truck was sold in Vegas when new. The records looks suspicious as it was never registered until 11,437 miles. Then it made its way to AZ then sold at auction in Michigan. It was a desert (Nevada & Arizona) truck for 36,748 miles so most likely saw some off-roading.

I see this service record at 25,169 miles:

Alignment performed
Steering gear replaced
Power steering pump replaced
Battery/charging system checked
Brakes checked
Tire condition and pressure checked
Maintenance inspection completed

OH yeah! She saw lots of dirt.

I appreciate all the replies! Yeah I am going to keep that in mind with the whole bed and cab alignment. Could you define the "crab"? Distance is no issue- it can be anywhere in the contiguous US!

---------- Post added at 08:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 PM ----------

2010 Ford F150 SVT Raptor, $34,981 - Cars.com

Let me know what you think of this...

OP
OP
jbrichmond

jbrichmond

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys this one just showed up- the guy is willing to sell it to me for 34 flat. He says never off road, no rust, very well maintained. What to do you think?

2010 Ford Raptor

---------- Post added at 07:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:19 AM ----------

This truck was sold in Vegas when new. The records looks suspicious as it was never registered until 11,437 miles. Then it made its way to AZ then sold at auction in Michigan. It was a desert (Nevada & Arizona) truck for 36,748 miles so most likely saw some off-roading.

I see this service record at 25,169 miles:

Alignment performed
Steering gear replaced
Power steering pump replaced
Brakes checked

OH yeah! She saw lots of dirt.

WOW!! I never in a million years would've put that together... These poor trucks, some are just flat abused. I guess I'm going to have to be extra cautious when buying

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah...sounds like 911 called that one sounds like it had some hair on it anyway...

Now for the current 2010... It has a block heater so it has spent time outside in the cold, the truck has bee exposed to all the shit they treat the roads with...has any treatment been done to protect the undercarriage?

Check the car fax report...I do like the fact the the owner used Amsoil throughout the entire truck....might ask if he has every done an Oil Analysis...

Just never know with these trucks...

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Here's the window sticker >> http://services.forddirect.fordvehicles.com/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=1FTEX1EV3AFA18793

Carfax looks clean. There have been 2 owners. 1st owner owned it for 1 year and 2 months.

Carfax shows the color as white but that is an obvious mistake as the window sticker and pics shows a black truck.

Truck was serviced twice (please note carfax only shows dealer maintenance):

08/17/2011
North Star Ford
Duluth, MN
218-727-3673
northstarford.net/
Brakes checked

07/26/2012
North Star Ford
Duluth, MN
218-727-3673
northstarford.net/
Vehicle serviced

I will get the VIN ASAP! Thank you all for being so friendly and helpful!

Last edited:

Sethbob3030

Reaction score
Hello.. Still in the market? I have a new '13 and a used as well. Dealership in PA near Pittsburgh. Thoughts?

OP
OP
jbrichmond

jbrichmond

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello.. Still in the market? I have a new '13 and a used as well. Dealership in PA near Pittsburgh. Thoughts?

I am unfortunately... haven't found the one yet. What do you have in stock that you are referring to? Thanks!

---------- Post added at 08:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 AM ----------

That Raptor in MO had the priced dropped to 33,280 from 34,980... tempting. Still under warranty too.