The Raptor & Elephant Hill, Canyonlands, Utah

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dv8tor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Please o please post pics of the bed side process. The ones I've seen are useless. I want to see what has to be done to the wheel well as far as adhering the Fiberglass to the Steel bed. Please? BTW you sir are Nucking Futs!

OP
OP
sully0321

sully0321

Reaction score
I'll try...can't promise I will get any though. I'm having a local shop do it and it's possible I won't make it in to see that part being done. I got some good pics for the front though... Will post em up soon.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Evilmonkey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's badass! Probably a little more than some brush or tree pinstripes. It'll buff out! Watching it made my butt pucker. Nice job!

FreightTerrain

FRF Addict
Reaction score
that is too cool and very timely for me. a buddy of mine and i have a c-lands trip planned for oct and ive been debating with myself whether or not to take the raptor into e-hill. our plan is to approach from the south thru beef basin and camp at the southern edge of the park. i wasnt sure i wanted to try to exit e-hill thru the main entryway even though i would avoid the section in your video since its on a one way loop as you know. ive driven rental jeep wranglers thru the park a couple times so i know how challenging it is. any info you could provide to help with my decision would be appreciated. canyonlands is the most remote, beautiful place in the world and i cant wait to get back

OP
OP
sully0321

sully0321

Reaction score
Beef basin is a good plan, exit via Silver Stairs and the other half of the Elephant Hill loop. The only spot to be wary of would be the squeeze and you'll avoid it that way.

I had no problems with the technical rock crawling or switchbacks anywhere else. I do think I would have had trouble in spots with my 2010 with the open front diff and stock tires though. The 2012 front diff with 37's and ADD Venom front made short work of any clearance or traction issues. If you have the Scab, might not hurt to bring extra gas. My Screw was close to E after completing the loop out of beef basin. Rolled back into Moab with under 20 miles left on the fuel screen. Granted there is that station just outside the visitors center if you like paying extra for gas.

If you venture into Salt Creek area, be wary of quicksand. I found some the hard way and it took 5 hours to get back out. I should post pics of that sometime...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2