The Pro-types are done

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
RPG

RPG

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
It's all about simplicity guys. There are LED lights in each of the license plate bolts.

---------- Post added at 08:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 PM ----------

Wow now that's weird! I just yesterday took the trim plates off my ADD Venom front bumper (because they were rattling like crazy) and it looks VERY similar to how this prototype looks.

Nice work guys! Looking forward to more. That front bumper looks like it could take out a tank with barely suffering a scratch!

Thanks J,

We still have plans of building the "Deer Killer" down the road. Corey has a vision of something that will take out a wall.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
looks great. the radius on the top and bottom bars remind me of my Wicked bumper. Send me a bumper, an XS t-shirt and I'll do an install video LOL

OP
OP
RPG

RPG

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
looks great. the radius on the top and bottom bars remind me of my Wicked bumper. Send me a bumper, an XS t-shirt and I'll do an install video LOL

Here is the good news. I finally took delivery of our T-shirts and your's is in the mail as of last night. I also picked up more Blue and Red resevoirs today so you will have yours in the mail tomorrow after I do a special touch to it.

---------- Post added at 09:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 PM ----------

I can't wait!!!

Didn't we tell you about the Deer Killer?

E63

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the rear bumper, but i don't see any license plate lights. Most states if not all require rears lights to illuminate the license plate. Any plans to add these?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

They are there in the license plate bolts

Some more options to consider...

---------- Post added at 09:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 AM ----------

Will you be offering a chromoly upgrade option?

Chromoly is only a good option if you heat treat the whole thing, most folks don't know this. Also the rust protection chromoly provides doesn't help you on the welds. Wast of money imo

Back bumper looks kinda strange with the spare under there

Life is a trade off. What you don't see is the 400+ lbs of gear hidden under the F-1 in the bed, locked away and protected. If I am going to go rock climbing the lower spare will be left behind.

Thanks for the link!
I officially like. My one concern is placement of the light bar IN the skid plate. How susceptible is this to getting *****'s being so low and at a potential point of contact when offroading?
And I love the dovetailing of the rear. How much labor is involved to install everything here?

Thanks, I flippin love em too. The light is not mounted to the skid but to the frame of the bumper and is probably the most protected light mount offered, plus it will be real hard to steal. The thing turns night into daylight, 17,000 lumens. Trimming the sides I don't think was very hard, they built a template for it. They actually built jigs and templates for everything.

I like it. Carrying a 37 under the bed AND having a hitch is on my to-do list. Build one of those and I'm in!

RPG can easily fabricate a hitch, the back rail of the receiver will need to be curved to accommodate extra width of the 37". My truck is going back in for the sliders and cage, so now would be a good time to ask for this to be done while mine is in there, who knows, maybe I'll get it too. I haven't decided yet.

Wow now that's weird! I just yesterday took the trim plates off my ADD Venom front bumper (because they were rattling like crazy) and it looks VERY similar to how this prototype looks.

Nice work guys! Looking forward to more. That front bumper looks like it could take out a tank with barely suffering a scratch!

On the run last Saturday, one person had the ADD Stealth and it was suggested that it was blocking his tranny cooler, he was running dangerously hot (235 degrees) and had to back off several times, and we were only in 105 degree heat, he even removed the top light and still had issues. There really is no comparison between the two. The ADD sticks out over a foot, the RPG is in nice and tight. The side profiles are very different.

These bumpers are hands down the finest made and the best looking, once again RPG has knocked it out of the park.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Here is the good news. I finally took delivery of our T-shirts and your's is in the mail as of last night. I also picked up more Blue and Red resevoirs today so you will have yours in the mail tomorrow after I do a special touch to it.

---------- Post added at 09:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 PM ----------

Didn't we tell you about the Deer Killer?

You got my schmedium ready to mail out? :laughing1:Sorry man, just had to give you a hard time.

OP
OP
RPG

RPG

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You got my schmedium ready to mail out? :laughing1:Sorry man, just had to give you a hard time.

Oh S*%t, good thing you reminded me.

I finally have T-shirts woohoo. I'll get yours out tomorrow You want the XL or the XXL. I'm saving all the schmediums for Stoner.

f16YODA

Full Access Member
Reaction score

If you nut-rub it, Bird'll just wind up putting it under his pillow instead of on his truck...:gay:

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Oh S*%t, good thing you reminded me.

I finally have T-shirts woohoo. I'll get yours out tomorrow You want the XL or the XXL. I'm saving all the schmediums for Stoner.

XL should be good, unless they run small, then I'm down for the XXL. Thanks!

Deinonychus

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Chromoly is only a good option if you heat treat the whole thing, most folks don't know this. Also the rust protection chromoly provides doesn't help you on the welds. Wast of money imo

I sure don't profess to be a expert by any means.
Why would the weld itself be less rust resistant than the chromoly? Wouldn't tig welding with a filler like E70S5 be rust resistant.

I would agree that the general public has no understanding of heat treatment of metals, but I would think that the manufacturer would know that any chromoly tube greater than 0.100" needs to be preheated.