The Pro-types are done

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Deinonychus

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Some more options to consider...

---------- Post added at 09:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 AM ----------

Will you be offering a chromoly upgrade option?

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
Back bumper looks kinda strange with the spare under there

I agree but it gives you the ability to carry a 37" spare and still retain your bed. I'd prob go with 2 spares in the bed myself-

Here's a link to E63's thread with some pics of the rear from distance. After looking at them you can't really see the tire all that much. Remember that is a 37x12.50 tire...it's big!!

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f65/gs-raptor-14639/index13.html

Last edited:

LvRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the rear bumper, but i don't see any license plate lights. Most states if not all require rears lights to illuminate the license plate. Any plans to add these?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

bonehead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree but it gives you the ability to carry a 37" spare and still retain your bed. I'd prob go with 2 spares in the bed myself-

Here's a link to E63's thread with some pics of the rear from distance. After looking at them you can't really see the tire all that much. Remember that is a 37x12.50 tire...it's big!!

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f65/gs-raptor-14639/index13.html

Thanks for the link!
I officially like. My one concern is placement of the light bar IN the skid plate. How susceptible is this to getting *****'s being so low and at a potential point of contact when offroading?
And I love the dovetailing of the rear. How much labor is involved to install everything here?

gotSVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like it. Carrying a 37 under the bed AND having a hitch is on my to-do list. Build one of those and I'm in!

KTM RAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the rear bumper, but i don't see any license plate lights. Most states if not all require rears lights to illuminate the license plate. Any plans to add these?

This is what I was thinking. Really nice looking bumper!

gotSVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I got pulled over on I-40 in New Mexico for mine being out. I guess they both took rock hits during one of the Outlaw runs and were out. A "hardened" light would be an even better idea.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wow now that's weird! I just yesterday took the trim plates off my ADD Venom front bumper (because they were rattling like crazy) and it looks VERY similar to how this prototype looks.

Nice work guys! Looking forward to more. That front bumper looks like it could take out a tank with barely suffering a scratch!

Last edited:

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score

I'm pretty sure they are on there but if not I know the plan is to have them. You can't make it very far in CA without license plate lights. That's a fix-it ticket and easy revenue for the state :waytogo:

---------- Post added at 06:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:27 PM ----------

Thanks for the link!
I officially like. My one concern is placement of the light bar IN the skid plate. How susceptible is this to getting *****'s being so low and at a potential point of contact when offroading?
And I love the dovetailing of the rear. How much labor is involved to install everything here?

I believe the light is mounted to the frame independent of the skid. No more susceptible to damage than mounting to the bumper or in the stock bumper.