The Father Of The F-150 Raptor, Jamal Hameedi, Departs Ford

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
You sound like one of those "anyone can drive a fast car" kind of guys. A skilled driver in a Raptor would embarrass almost every BMW owner on a street circuit. A car is only as fast as the person driving. That's probably why you struggle so much with the Raptor's handling.

this.

The best mod is "driver mod".

And for the record, anything short of a 7 series or S class in bmw/benz terms feels cheaper than the fit/finish of the premium ford trims and certainly a step down from the lincoln trims.

Have you sat in an e class or 3 series lately? They suck.

pup

Reaction score
You sound like one of those "anyone can drive a fast car" kind of guys. A skilled driver in a Raptor would embarrass almost every BMW owner on a street circuit. A car is only as fast as the person driving. That's probably why you struggle so much with the Raptor's handling.
LOL, talk about stretching an argument. You either need to drive a real car for once, or stop deluding yourself. You know, it's O.K. that your truck isn't the best at everything on earth. It's actually a pretty limited list of things that a Raptor is arguably 'best' at. That doesn't mean it isn't worth buying.

---------- Post added at 11:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 AM ----------

this.

The best mod is "driver mod".

And for the record, anything short of a 7 series or S class in bmw/benz terms feels cheaper than the fit/finish of the premium ford trims and certainly a step down from the lincoln trims.

Have you sat in an e class or 3 series lately? They suck.

Whoa, dude. You're going argue interior material quality now? Are you a *********? I've never in my life been in a car with such cheapy thin, soft plastics.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
LOL, talk about stretching an argument. You either need to drive a real car for once, or stop deluding yourself. You know, it's O.K. that your truck isn't the best at everything on earth. It's actually a pretty limited list of things that a Raptor is arguably 'best' at. That doesn't mean it isn't worth buying.

A red e93 M3 is parked next to my Raptor in the garage and I know a thing or two about driving cars fast. Let me put it this way. I can go around a street circuit faster in my M3 than I can my Raptor. Duh! But I can probably go around that same street circuit faster in my Raptor than you can in your BMW. The driver matters more than the vehicle.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score

---------- Post added at 11:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 AM ----------

Whoa, dude. You're going argue interior material quality now? Are you a *********? I've never in my life been in a car with such cheapy thin, soft plastics.

Then you havent been in a C or E class. Nor have you been in a 3 series.

And not just interior quality, overall build quality.

Hell, Ever been in/driven an early 90s ferrari or lambo? It is laughably bad. I once flipped a 512TR. The interior in a focus RS is lightyears better.

Pro-tip. Pull the plastic interior/dash pieces off the raptor and throw some dynamat on the back of them.

All of the sudden the truck is quiet as a tomb.

A raptor is not sold or marketed as a luxury item. it is a performance vehicle. The new ford GT isnt even a luxury style build. They are LOUD, they make creaky noises. you can hear EVERY FREAKING PEBBLE hit the underside of the car.

Ford's performance vehicles are by far and wide now tailored towards a motorsports experience. Not some tarted up luxobarge with 2000 lbs of extra alcantara and sound deadening.

methinks you have divorced yourself from reality.

Have you ever been in a maclaren? Lambo? ferrari?

How about in a real prerunner? race car?

I'm guessing no.

If you bought a raptor as a luxury pickup truck, you did it wrong. you may be a better fit for the new benz pickup. But you'll pay twice what a raptor costs to get it.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
damn. I’m going to have to declare an early Miller Time.
I’ve liked 2x @AndysLog posts and agree with him in this thread.

whoa.

:biggrin:

BangBang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats how i locked the wife down.

just chisslin a little away each day hahahahaha.

Persistence is KEY.

---------- Post added at 04:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:52 PM ----------

If you bought a raptor as a luxury pickup truck, you did it wrong. you may be a better fit for the new benz pickup. But you'll pay twice what a raptor costs to get it.

Agreed, and the Benz pickup will not be for sale in the states for the first go around.

pup

Reaction score
Damn, I love the way people on this forum work their way around to what the other guy started out saying, and then think they've won an argument.

So we're clear, we all agree now that the Raptor is neither a luxury car nor a sporty coupe?

Can we stop fantasizing about jealous BMW drivers then?

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Damn, I love the way people on this forum work their way around to what the other guy started out saying, and then think they've won an argument.

So we're clear, we all agree now that the Raptor is neither a luxury car nor a sporty coupe?

Can we stop fantasizing about jealous BMW drivers then?

Where we have all agreed all along is that a BMW is no where near as capable as a Raptor. Apparently now after further discussion, they are not even as capable as a goofy little Ridgeline.

No one with a sack chooses a BMW over a Raptor unless it's a very high end BMW model and they plan to send it off to Dinan or something. I could respect that I guess.