The Father Of The F-150 Raptor, Jamal Hameedi, Departs Ford

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not sure what the point would be otherwise. "Gee, my 650i can't climb that curb" wouldn't be much of a revelation to anyone.

But a BMW being a more capable road machine is somehow a revelation? :think:

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah but you can say all of those things for a Honda Ridgeline, too. And the Ridgeline will have better handling.

you can only say ALL those things about the honda ridgeline if you didnt read any bit of what he posted lol.

you blind?

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If by "outperformed" you mean more horsepower and better 0-60 times, yes you are correct. Unfortunately for driving enthusiasts, BMW built its reputation on handling and that went to shit with the bloated e60. There's a reason good e39 M5s are going for $40k while the newer e60 M5s can be had for $20k.

Interesting. Might have to shop around for an e60 in that case. Wouldn’t mind having a V10 in stable.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah but you can say all of those things for a Honda Ridgeline, too. And the Ridgeline will have better handling.

This is absolutely false. The Ridgeline is no where near as quick as the Raptor, has a dinky tow rating, and absolutely will not handle bumps of any size anywhere near as well (and some of us live where pot holes are actually more like sink holes). And you definitely can't drive over a curb without scratching a rim and in all likelihood you'd bend a rim and blow out the tire if you did it at any real speed (some may not care about this but I'm not too proud to admit that I've accidentally bumped the curb a time or two at the Starbucks drive through).

The payload is actually not terrible, but with a tiny interior and even tinier bed, where are you going to actually put anything?

I think of the Ridgeline as an Accord with a cute little bed in the back.

---------- Post added at 11:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 AM ----------

Seems it is to some.

I think you're confused.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I guess it depends on what you mean by handling. If it is going fast around corners, the Raptor is pretty darn quick with a driver that is not afraid of a little oversteer. As the saying goes, "Anyone can drive a fast car, but very few people can drive a car fast".

pup

Reaction score
you can only say ALL those things about the honda ridgeline if you didnt read any bit of what he posted lol.

you blind?

Hmm. The only questionable points I see are 0-60, which matches a base X5, and towing. But then a Ridgeline matches a 2-door Raptor on towing, so I think it's fair.

Or maybe I should say an F150 Laredo instead of a Ridgeline if that makes you happier.

Point being, the Raptor isn't anything special on any of those points. It's not a great hauler; and honestly, it's not really all that fast. It's a pig on pavement, has average electronics and gizmos, has crap materials in and out. It's good for what it does, but when people start comparing them to BMW's, you've got to pause for a good bit of eye rolling.

---------- Post added at 10:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 AM ----------

I guess it depends on what you mean by handling. If it is going fast around corners, the Raptor is pretty darn quick with a driver that is not afraid of a little oversteer. As the saying goes, "Anyone can drive a fast car, but very few people can drive a car fast".

Good lord, the Raptor is an absolute pig in the corners. Have you only driven dump trucks before?

---------- Post added at 10:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 AM ----------

This is absolutely false. The Ridgeline is no where near as quick as the Raptor, has a dinky tow rating, and absolutely will not handle bumps of any size anywhere near as well (and some of us live where pot holes are actually more like sink holes). And you definitely can't drive over a curb without scratching a rim and in all likelihood you'd bend a rim and blow out the tire if you did it at any real speed (some may not care about this but I'm not too proud to admit that I've accidentally bumped the curb a time or two at the Starbucks drive through).

The payload is actually not terrible, but with a tiny interior and even tinier bed, where are you going to actually put anything?

I think of the Ridgeline as an Accord with a cute little bed in the back.

---------- Post added at 11:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 AM ----------

I think you're confused.

You're confused. The comparison was Ridgeline to X5, not Raptor.

---------- Post added at 10:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 AM ----------

By the way, my old E53 is still in the driveway if anyone wants to buy it. It's been heavily modified with a set of AT tires, so it handles curbs with ease.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Good lord, the Raptor is an absolute pig in the corners. Have you only driven dump trucks before?

I'd have to agree. I love my Raptor but an on-road handling beast it is certainly not. Not even close.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score

You sound like one of those "anyone can drive a fast car" kind of guys. A skilled driver in a Raptor would embarrass almost every BMW owner on a street circuit. A car is only as fast as the person driving. That's probably why you struggle so much with the Raptor's handling.