The downside of LED

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Java

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can only speak on Rigids, because that is what I have. They are super bright. They look cool on the truck. The only problem I have is they don't burn hot enough to melt snow. Every time I stop for gas when the roads are winter wicked I have to clean off the LEDs. Definitely a good reason to not go entirely LED in winter prone states. Sorry, can't get the pic to rotate.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    68.5 KB · Views: 124

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Me either... They could incorporate glass like your rear window with the defroster wired in. To the drawing board I go!

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hmm that's good to know. I know it's probably a good thing it doesn't burn hot but like you said it makes it hard to use the lights when they're covered with I've haha

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That found to be typical on the snoball. I spoke to rigid about these, they are becoming more aware of this "issue" although they could only offer a suggestion of rainx to try and dispel the snow

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I did the rain ex trick on my m&r led lights.. The light bars under the grill were fine, but the fog lights especially the outside ones iced up..

-Greg (aka squatting dog)

Netix

Banned
Reaction score
ok ... so i canadian style DIY'ed.

I use teflon snow repellant on my snow plow on the quad.. it does an amazin job.

I started using it on the lights and VIOLA!! no more ice up no more problems. Why havent i thought about this before?!

i use DuPont Teflon snow repellant. Do not use it on paint and do not use it on tires/rubber as it will make them super slippery.

You can thank me later :D

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I never knew there was such a thing as DuPont Teflon Snow Repellant.
But then I've lived in Alabama for 33 years.
Location, location, location! :)

IRONMAN

Reaction score
I have HID fog lights and they even iced up and I could barely get the ice off so its not just led lights.

OP
OP
Java

Java

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok ... so i canadian style DIY'ed.

I use teflon snow repellant on my snow plow on the quad.. it does an amazin job.

I started using it on the lights and VIOLA!! no more ice up no more problems. Why havent i thought about this before?!

i use DuPont Teflon snow repellant. Do not use it on paint and do not use it on tires/rubber as it will make them super slippery.

You can thank me later :D

I'll thank you now...Thanks