The Car Stereo Company Review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gwpfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Night and day difference using focal Bam (best) or dynamat. My truck's cab is 50% more quiet than before plus its enhancing the sound quality. Its a must if you go this far with stereo equipment.

Just curious on this, not for stereo purposes but to quiet down road noise and such. What would be 'best' for that. Also read that Kno Knoise - Kolossus Edition was the best performance for the price, but if I am going to do this, I want to do it right.

I've had great results with the Car Stereo Company as well.

mjyst3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@gwpfan

For what it is worth, the OP is right on about sound deadening and Noah being first class.

Sound Deadening makes a huge difference even with the road noise. I have installed a whipple, headers, custom exhaust and 37" aggressive tires and my truck is quiet as hell considering all those mods. I attribute it to mostly the Focal Bamm XXL. If your truck is stock, it will be even more impressive with this sound deadening. I covered my entire truck (floor, back wall, both door panels, roof). I followed Noahs recommendations on this as well. He keeps a good bit of it in stock and is able to ship really fast. I live on east coast and it was all here within a few days from shipment.

OP I would love to see more about this remote tuning session. I might need to do one as well.

IMAG0309_zps3865d155.jpg

Last edited:

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
Who has better sound deadening, dynamat or focal?

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
Thanks! Maybe this will be a project for you at TRR.....

Dirt Bag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Noah's the man!

Agreed!
He knows the Raptor's systems inside and out!
He can do a better job in half the amount of time on any electrical component install or electronic upgrade than anyone I could imagine.
When he's done it is cleaner than factory. Including cleaning up messes I made on my own installation efforts years past

Super pleased with my experience and purchases.

OP
OP
M

mcasseba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"OP I would love to see more about this remote tuning session. I might need to do one as well"

Long story but I will try to summarize. I originally called Noah to buy a very modest system that I would install myself. After many discussions, I followed his recommendation and put a killer system in that I will never have to go back and upgrade.

I am not a stereo expert but did manage to install the whole system myself with Noah's guidance and direction. The one twist that brought my system to the professional level was adding the Mosconi processor (requires tuning to match veh and driver preference). But I did not know a shop in driving distance that I would trust tuning the system so I asked Noah if he would consider a first time remote tune.

I purchased a RCA mic ($80) and software ($50) and we used Teamviewer program so he could remote into my laptop to tune. He set everything up and worked with me tuning to the truck’s specs and my preference. Took time but worth every penny to get it right. Noah is very skilled tuner and I am glad he agreed to do to it remotely from CA than bringing it to a local shop and being charged for less results.

gwpfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mjyst3 that's bad ass. I've been considering a supercharger as well, then thinking already how I hate the engine drone, it's cool once in a while, but constant gets old. Even tonight driving the Raptor thinking I miss the quiet of the 3.5L Eco.
How tough was it to pull everything out and line? My Raptor is fully loaded, so lots of extra wires and such, but definitely thinking this will be a spring project.

DevilSun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So you're the guy he was doing remote tuning with/for! Congrats for sure, the right equipment (no matter the price level) and especially a good adjustment makes a HUGE difference.

I definitely owe a review/write-up for Noah and The Car Stereo Company, so that will be coming soon.

Personally I've installed Dynamat and others, including additional layers of things like closed cell foam with mass loaded vinyl on them and the Focal stuff is TOP friggen notch in my book. The simplicity of one application is a winner hands down. My diesel that I did myself is very quiet in the cab, very quiet. The Raptor feels quieter though when it comes to performance of the products comparatively. I wish I could have seen pics of the Raptor interior stripped and how Noah covered my truck but his potato phone sucked at the time and I think he pee'd on it. End result, SUPER pleased with Noah as well and the Focal deadening!

P.S. - Any bit of sound deadening will be noticeable and useful as far as I'm concerned...and once you've been in a vehicle that has had it, watch out!