2011 S Cab amp elimination?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Otis857

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all,
Been a while since I had to fiddle with my stereo upgrade, but now the OEM head unit is dead. I decided t go with a Kenwood DNX697s with Maestro RR interface from Crutchfield. My question is can I eliminate the stock amp on 2011 Sony nav systems and just use the 6 rca's (F,R,Sub) straight into my Arc Audio PS8 processor? I can sum and bandpass the front channels in the processor for the F. Tweeters & mids. But I seem to remember from past reading here that you can't eliminate the stock amp from the system on certain years, but I think that was year 2012-14.

Shout out ot Noah @The Car Stereo Company for tuning my system back in 2017. It sounded as good as I could afford to get it and lasted longer than the Stock H.U. managed.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey all,
Been a while since I had to fiddle with my stereo upgrade, but now the OEM head unit is dead. I decided t go with a Kenwood DNX697s with Maestro RR interface from Crutchfield. My question is can I eliminate the stock amp on 2011 Sony nav systems and just use the 6 rca's (F,R,Sub) straight into my Arc Audio PS8 processor? I can sum and bandpass the front channels in the processor for the F. Tweeters & mids. But I seem to remember from past reading here that you can't eliminate the stock amp from the system on certain years, but I think that was year 2012-14.

Shout out ot Noah @The Car Stereo Company for tuning my system back in 2017. It sounded as good as I could afford to get it and lasted longer than the Stock H.U. managed.
with a radio replacement, you can remove the oem amp. you wont be using sync for bluetooth or nav so it has no useful function. its the 13 and 14 years that you dont want to remove the oem amp (only if keeping the oem head unit)