GEN 2 The brakes work pretty good...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Proflyer

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice job seeing him early snd getting slowed enough to avoid him. Don’t forget what they teach at all the motorcycle schools...”steer to the rear” buys you a few extra feet. (Ask me how I know [emoji6])

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Riding has made me an infinitely better driver. A long time ago my wife asked why I look both ways before leaving an intersection...

saym14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There have been a lot of complaints about the raptor brakes and I know The measured braking distance are longer than most cars , I believe this is mostly due to the off-road tires.
I don’t know if they have made improvements but on my 2020 the brake pedal feel and modulation is firm and progressive I am pretty happy with it in fact it feels as good or better than my BMW X.3 MC. I’m sure it will not stop anywhere near as short as that X.3 nor would they last without fade after repeated stops on a race track… Like on the X.3 MC , but I believe like I said that’s mostly due to the tires contact patch And of course the weight of the truck

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
There have been a lot of complaints about the raptor brakes and I know The measured braking distance are longer than most cars , I believe this is mostly due to the off-road tires.
I don’t know if they have made improvements but on my 2020 the brake pedal feel and modulation is firm and progressive I am pretty happy with it in fact it feels as good or better than my BMW X.3 MC. I’m sure it will not stop anywhere near as short as that X.3 nor would they last without fade after repeated stops on a race track… Like on the X.3 MC , but I believe like I said that’s mostly due to the tires contact patch And of course the weight of the truck
Agreed. I have momentarily locked up the brakes before the antilock kicks in. To me, the brake feel isn't the best, but if you really put your foot into it, it's gonna stop as fast as it's gonna stop.

Proflyer

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm coming from an X6M, so not fair to compare, but I like the brakes. They're a bit squishy, but with almost 50k on the truck I think the fronts are about due. No wear sensors so I just need to pull a wheel and take a look I suppose.

Xtinct

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the last minute braking feature always on? Or does that turn off if you turn off the warning light?