Sync update V4.4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordIVTteam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone heard if v4.4 is going to be reposted? I'm still rocking v3.1 as the symcmyride.com site has never told me that there was a newer version (it says 3.1 is the most recent version for my truck, a 2010 6.2l!)

Hi ertman,

The 4.4 SYNC software update is no longer available for any vehicle. Please continue to refer to your account at owner.ford.com for any updated information.

Joy

ertman

Reaction score
Hi ertman,

The 4.4 SYNC software update is no longer available for any vehicle. Please continue to refer to your account at owner.ford.com for any updated information.

Joy

I guess the next question is when can we expect a newer version that has the features of 4.4? I really want to get text message song track display working on my truck!

ertman

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a non-Ford-website source to grab the zip file for version 4.4? Or any of the Sync versions? There have been several updates since I bought my truck, but for some reason I can't run a "vehicle health report" so it seems that the website refuses to show me anything newer than the version 3.1 that the truck came with from the factory.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Why doesn't Ford Update the SYNC??????

Hi ertman,

Joy

Hi Joy,

I just received a letter to upgrade my maps for my 2010 1/2, I've already upgrade once 3 years ago.
But my question is, is the 4.4 SYNC update included in this Map upgrade?

Honestly, if the SYNC is not updated why would I spend $150 on maps if the SYNC doesn't work.

Michael (MTF) :mad:

FordIVTteam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

We will continue to test and post a new download when it's available. Updating the SYNC software is not included with map updates. They're purchased through HERE maps, and it adds new roads, POIs, speed limits, etc: http://allthingsnav.navigation.com/

Shaay

Last edited:

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The SYNC update was included in my last purchase from HERE, it's on the first disk. It's recommended to rerun the SYNC in there instructions.
Disk two and three are the Map updates and the forth disk is the (Grace Notes) POI, restaurants, gas stations and so forth.

I am glad to hear that a working SYNC is still in the works.

Last edited:

The258

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went to check out a few '17 fords. first time ive seen the new sync3 and immediately loved it. makes me want to trade in my truck for it. wish the sync3 could be added to my truck.