Stupid flex fuel emblem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tejas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
92? Did you mean 91 or 93? No E85 in this motor, says it on the fuel filler, but I didn't see anywhere that it recommended premium fuel either! Usually a vehicle will state the minimum octane rating if it is higher than 87, I don't see that anywhere, is it listed in the manual or something? I have been using 87 regular unleded since I picked it up 10 days ago.

emahler

Reaction score
Usually a vehicle will state the minimum octane rating if it is higher than 87, I don't see that anywhere, is it listed in the manual or something?

Manual says 411 HP is achieved with 91 Octane. I think you lose about 10 HP if you run 87.

knine

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Comes off easier if you heat it with a hair dryer or lightly woth a heat gun on the center of the emblem and then along all edges. In the absence of fishing line or similiar material, an old credit cards works too.

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why would you want to remove it?? Dont!! You have a collectors items since no other Raptor has the emblem! :peace:

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's a good point, it would probably be a collector if you kept the miles under 3k total and stored it for 30 years. Sound like fun though?

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I've heard people say on other forums that they used gasoline to take off adhesive and then polished and waxed immediately after...thoughts?

And no this isn't a joke like acetone/sandblasting.

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've heard people say on other forums that they used gasoline to take off adhesive and then polished and waxed immediately after...thoughts?

And no this isn't a joke like acetone/sandblasting.

gasoline will remove adhesive, but why start with something harsh and bad for the paint? they make products specifically for that which aren't as damaging and work perfectly fine. Goo gone is one of the best, and won't harm the paint.

Deinonychus

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Inside the gas cap my 2011 has written the international NO circle with "E20-E85"

Seems clear to me that no gas with greater than 19% ethanol gas should be used in my late 2011 6.2L motor

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think it's a bunch of crap you can't put e-85 in all vehicles newer than 2008 they are not putting on parts that can't handle ethanol that would cost too much so whats up with that the darn government EPA crap it should be up to people what they want to put in for fuel as long as its safe so get it figured out already.