Strangest problem with my Rigid 40" today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

linexsa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
please note if this is a relay issue and you wired the lights using the auxiliary switches and not the rigid wiring harness then it's the oem relays that would be the issue. Personally I think it's not a relay issue. Correct me if I am wrong, but if the relays are bad then you would not get any power to the lights. Can relays send partial power? If they did, then you would blow the fuse. Relays are either on or off. I am not expert so I am sure someone will correct me.

I think the lights are at fault.

your correct if the lights are wired up to the upfitters and the rigid relays are deleted. corrosion on the aftermarket relays can make the lights do wierd things. ive had some strange problems like this before, and we noticed some corrosion on the relay. replaced the relay, and then back to normal operation. your right as to relays being off or on, but if the electrical connections are bad, it can cause some bad reactions.

OP
OP
Steve-O

Steve-O

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Awesome, thank you. I'll check it out tonight. I didn't hook it up so I'm not exactly sure how its wired. I'll trace all the wires and see if I can figure it out.