Strangest problem with my Rigid 40" today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steve-O

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So a buddy of mine wanted to see all my lights lit up tonight. I turned on my 40" rigid light and 20 of the LEDs were out. I kept turning them off and on then had him do it. They would start to come on then immediately shut off. He kept flicking the switch and finally those 20 came on, but 20 on the end wouldnt come on. Anyone else have this problem? Or know what might be causing it?

Attachments

• ResizedImage_1382495920426.jpg
    ResizedImage_1382495920426.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 52

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So those finally came on, but a different 20 wouldn't? Proper fuse size or bad connection possibly? It's almost like it isn't getting enough power to light the whole thing so it's cutting out a section.

OP
OP
Steve-O

Steve-O

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Correct. The 20 that are out in the picture finally came on, but then the 20 on the end went out. This is the first time its done this. Ive had it on there for over a year and never had any issues. I had them on yesterday and it worked just fine. Also, theres no water or anything in it. Its never been taken apart. I'll check all the connections tomorrow but I wanted to check on here to see if it was a common problem.

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not a common problem. Check your connections. If they all check out, email Rigid

Dan06

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So a buddy of mine wanted to see all my lights lit up tonight. I turned on my 40" rigid light and 20 of the LEDs were out. I kept turning them off and on then had him do it. They would start to come on then immediately shut off. He kept flicking the switch and finally those 20 came on, but 20 on the end wouldnt come on. Anyone else have this problem? Or know what might be causing it?

They're indefinitely warrantied. I'd contact Rigid.

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i had a similar issue but a different brand. they told me to send the light in for warranty replacement....i think in your case it may be internal and u need to swap it

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
please note if this is a relay issue and you wired the lights using the auxiliary switches and not the rigid wiring harness then it's the oem relays that would be the issue. Personally I think it's not a relay issue. Correct me if I am wrong, but if the relays are bad then you would not get any power to the lights. Can relays send partial power? If they did, then you would blow the fuse. Relays are either on or off. I am not an expert so I am sure someone will correct me.

I think the lights are at fault.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Steve-O

Steve-O

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Relays reroute the flow of current. They can short out and half the relay would still work. To me it doesn't seem like it would be a relay, but I'm no electronics expert by any means so I won't eliminate that option just yet.