Strange clunk from front driver side area

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AZJBT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have recently noticed this same phantom clunk from my passenger side. I too can feel and hear it at low speeds when I hit a bump.

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have recently noticed this same phantom clunk from my passenger side. I too can feel and hear it at low speeds when I hit a bump.

Have you ever mentioned the clunk to your dealer, AZJBT? It sounds like you can reproduce it pretty easily; that will help when it comes time to diagnose it. What's your truck's model year/mileage?

Crystal

OP
OP
Dane

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well, truck goes into dealer #2 for a second opinion on Thursday. More to follow... hopefully. It's heading out to play in the sand next week, so if they don't find anything wrong I'm sure I'll find it in the sand!

OP
OP
Dane

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just got a call from the dealership. They say I'm not crazy and my front driver side coilover is toast. I'm very thankful for my extended warranty right now. They should have it fixed by Monday.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've had a front clunk for awhile now, I don't feel anything in the steering wheel and it only does it on sharp potholes going slow.
When I hit speed bumps there isn't any clunk at any speed.
But after reading these posts I'm going to have to get to the bottom of the clunk I have.

OP
OP
Dane

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've had a front clunk for awhile now, I don't feel anything in the steering wheel and it only does it on sharp potholes going slow.
But after reading these posts I'm going to have to get to the bottom of the clunk I have.

For what it's worth, I couldn't feel any issues in my steering wheel either, just over bumps/dips and it was more feeling it through the body - in particular by my feet. I could just tell it was coming from the front driver side suspension area. I only felt mine at slow speeds.

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Hi MTF,

Going to have your dealer take a look? If you need my help, you know how to reach me. :)

Crystal

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc