Strange clunk from front driver side area

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Dane

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
And now Ford is trying to deny my warranty, saying that the Fox coilovers aren't covered under warranty because they're Fox (as opposed to what, I have no idea).

Say what?

After a lengthy conversation it sounds like we have it resolved where I'm just paying my deductible as expected, but the dealership and some other Ford entity are splitting the rest of the cost - I have no idea how that works, but it's the same result for me. I just find it all very strange and annoying. Isn't this why I bought an extended warranty?

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hi MTF,

Going to have your dealer take a look? If you need my help, you know how to reach me. :)

Crystal

Thank you for your help with Roadside, Crystal
Regional manager contacted me pretty quick, wasn't too much she could do,
but I did get a call from a manager from Roadside after my conversion with the regional manager.

Actually my dealer is great, I know most of them from years ago.
If I do need help you'll be the first I contact.

Thanks again,
Michael

---------- Post added at 12:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 PM ----------

And now Ford is trying to deny my warranty, saying that the Fox coilovers aren't covered under warranty because they're Fox (as opposed to what, I have no idea).

Say what?

After a lengthy conversation it sounds like we have it resolved where I'm just paying my deductible as expected, but the dealership and some other Ford entity are splitting the rest of the cost - I have no idea how that works, but it's the same result for me. I just find it all very strange and annoying. Isn't this why I bought an extended warranty?

Ha, I hear this a lot, when you don't buy a Raptor from the dealer you're bringing it to get serviced.
Ford's warranty is a separate company and is in fact an insurance company, and if it's a private dealer it becomes difficult more than it should.
This is why you hear from the warranty manager at the dealer , "I don't know if Ford will cover that".
But it's all about the money in the end.

Glad they worked something out anyway.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dane

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well, we're resolved. I have the truck back with a new coilover and my clunk is gone. I only had to pay my $100 deductible for the extended warranty and the dealer is going to fight it out with the warranty company, or Ford is going to foot the majority of the bill with the dealership picking up some. I think it sucks if the second option happens, but it's the same to me either way so they made it right. Good luck to all you other clunkers! I know how annoying it is and I hope you don't have the same problem!