Stock Tires w/ 17" Methods...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

c-ne-elk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since I don't have mine in yet, I can't tell, do the bolts do anything other than looks?

Maybe replace them with black bolts which would last longer than paint?

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since I don't have mine in yet, I can't tell, do the bolts do anything other than looks?

Maybe replace them with black bolts which would last longer than paint?

The bolts are just for looks on the non-beadlock version, but the bolts and ring are removable. Painting them should be no big deal and would work well. I would not plastidip them, that stuff won't hold up in the Santa Teresa brush that you and I run in.

c-ne-elk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The paint probably won't hold up that good either but can repaint easier than plasti dip. The ST cresote, mesquite and rocks have already taken a toll on the factory ceramic coated (I think that's what they are) wheels!

---------- Post added at 09:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 AM ----------

BOJ, is your truck up and running? I thought I saw you last week over here by the office. Did not get a good look at it but was white with mod'ed front fenders.

c-ne-elk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I sent an e-mail over to Danny at TMX to see if he can tell us what size/pitch etc. they are. Will let you know what I find out.

TEXAS MOTORWORX

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The bolts are just for looks on the non-beadlock version, but the bolts and ring are removable. Painting them should be no big deal and would work well. I would not plastidip them, that stuff won't hold up in the Santa Teresa brush that you and I run in.

Exactly.

I sent an e-mail over to Danny at TMX to see if he can tell us what size/pitch etc. they are. Will let you know what I find out.

We are looking into it. Method does not carry these in large orders. We've had several requests to swap out the silver from the standard to the double standard...however, because Method only has a few on hand for those who break them, we have not tested this.

We will keep you all updated on the size of them as well as the switching ability from the standard to double standard.

Last edited:

c-ne-elk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The silver bolts on the bead lock are not a deal killer for me but I think I would like all black better. Worse case when I get them in and is to take it to a bolt/screw company and take one bolt out and have them find a matching one in black.

SDHQJASON

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You could always pull the bolts out and have them powdercoated also. We have done it on a ton of trucks and it looks bitchin.

This is a double standard... but it will give you an idea of how it looks.

FRONTWHEELWELL.jpg

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Does the Double standard have a removable ring? I thought the bolts were just installed into the lip of the rim with no ring to remove.