Stock Horn Just Isn't Enough

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Maybe if you have siren/pa hooked up to it also like in the video..

Carlson studder horn hooks up to oem horn and allows you to switch between oem horn or studder horn..

-Greg (aka squatting dog)

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Big, is the sound level proportional to the amount of air provided to the horn? In other words, is there a minimum psi level to activate the horn and if so, can you reduce the sound level?

Yes. The Hornblaster puts out 150 psi and uses 4 trumpets. :troll3:

Blind1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
These air horns will definitely get your ass in trouble with Johnny Law. Use them sparely since everybody & their Mom has cellphone that will record you in a minute. I have seen my share of Rednecks getting their Asses pulled over & lecture. It's usually a warning or it turns into a DUI & usually happens at Talladega.

Evilmonkey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is the solution I came up with. They are Strebel Nautilus airhorns from griotsgarage.com. $40.00 each. Compressors are built in. Install was simple. I only had to make mounts for both horns. They came in at 118db on my meter. I completely deleted the stock horns. Resulting in no honk when I lock the truck with the key fob. They do sound like a European horn but scare the crap out of people without being to offensive. Definitely louder than stock.

Stock Raptor horn vs. dual mini airhorns. - YouTube

Attachments

• IMG_20130203_154501_677.jpg
    IMG_20130203_154501_677.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 41

Evilmonkey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^ those are the ones I have been looking at

I started out with just one. Not quite loud enough. I added the second one and it was much better. If you get them you'll need to bump up your horn fuse by 5amps. Otherwise it will keep blowing. When you cut off the stock horn connection, leave enough wire from the connector (about an inch) so you can resolder to the factory wiring in case you want to go back to stock.