Stock Horn Just Isn't Enough

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

plotshots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wish there was a solution somewhere between the stock and horn blaster....

I thought that too, but I think you need high volume compressed air through an amplifying device like a horn to generate the decibels. I sure could've used it yesterday with this f'ing moron on his phone cutting me off in traffic. There's laws in CA about holding a phone. He needed a bitch slap. Train horn would've done it.

PLUS, if you make the air tank big enough, it can also serve to air up the tires if you plumb it correctly. 2 birds with one stone concept...

"This isn't the state of California, it's a state of insanity." - 1941

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wish there was a solution somewhere between the stock and horn blaster....

Unfortunately, I could not find any..

I first went with Hella Supertones to replace the Stock horns.

Yes, they are louder..but also sound kind of Importish sounding...

The Hornblaster Shocker is beyond loud. I should point out, my video above is from inside truck with windows closed.

If I would have taped it in front of truck on outside, I think it would have blown up my iphone...Its crazy LOUD!!!! You can hear it 3 miles away.

I'm sure I have given more than one clueless driver...dirty underpants. :yaoface2:

---------- Post added at 12:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 PM ----------

I thought that too, but I think you need high volume compressed air through an amplifying device like a horn to generate the decibels. I sure could've used it yesterday with this f'ing moron on his phone cutting me off in traffic. There's laws in CA about holding a phone. He needed a bitch slap. Train horn would've done it.

PLUS, if you make the air tank big enough, it can also serve to air up the tires if you plumb it correctly. 2 birds with one stone concept...

My system also has a quick connect in the rear bumper for just that. I use it to air-up and it also works with all airtools.

So I am obnoxious and practical at the same time! :rofl:

plotshots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...So I am obnoxious and practical at the same time! :rofl:

Ummm, hello? We all have Raptors here (well, most of us, right 6.2?). I think we ALL fall on the side of obnoxious and practical everyday we drive them. At least until the Zombie Apocalypse gets here. LOL.

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone looking to see/hear the set-up, stop by and visit Big Blue at TRR next week. :handshake:

dataustin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Big, is the sound level proportional to the amount of air provided to the horn? In other words, is there a minimum psi level to activate the horn and if so, can you reduce the sound level?