Stereo upgrade on a budget

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have the Sony in my 2012 S-CREW Raptor and it sounds like crap. with the engine off every time I change stations on the satellite radio my ears do this crazy fluttering, it is so annoying and frustrating that I have to give up and get the hell out of that truck.

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
OK I just pulled out the sub, on the front it says SONY 700W, when I checked the back of the cheapo 7" paper sub it says 60w+60w, what crap $65,000.00 truck filled with junk speakers.

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I put the poly fill in the sub box and sorry but it still sounds like crap, but the crap sound isn't coming from the sub its defiantly coming from the door speakers.
Cant seem to pop those stupid grills off!

Last edited:

tikicult

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put the poly fill in the sub box and sorry but it still sounds like crap, but the crap sound isn't ******* from the sub its defiantly ******* from the door speakers.

You might have other issues... :ROFLJest:

For the door speakers, you have to take off the entire door panel

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Other issues such as what?
The grills look like they should come off, If I have to take off the door panel the crappy speakers might have to stay.

whisler151

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I put the poly fill in the sub box and sorry but it still sounds like crap, but the crap sound isn't ******* from the sub its defiantly ******* from the door speakers.

Other issues such as what?
The grills look like they should come off, If I have to take off the door panel the crappy speakers might have to stay.

You spelled coming "*******", which refers to an ******.

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You spelled coming "*******", which refers to an ******.

Dam it! speakers have me so mad I cant think straight
Sony should stick to making televisions. I knew that Sony emblem looked all wrong sitting on a Raptor, what the hell was Ford thinking.

Last edited:

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I find the stereo in my 12 Raptor to be poor quality sound.
Can anyone suggest a way to go to increase the sound quality, for a reasonable budget.
I have no desire to spend thousands and thousands of $$$$ on stuff, but if I can make it sound pretty good for less than say $1,000 out the door, here in Canada where we pay too much for stuff, I will likely upgrade it.
Just wonder where to start, thanks.

I'm in the same boat as you with prices jacked way up, we got the short end of the stick with free trade. With that said though some half decent deals can be found. Yesterday I picked up a set of Infinity Kappa 6x8's components for the fronts, $80.00 less then Crutchfield. The quality is amazing and the sound will blow you away. The only problem with buying high quality speakers is now I will need an amp to power them or I'm only getting 10% of their potential.