Suspension Upgrade Starting Point - Gen2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mlax

Reaction score
I have a 2020 Gen2. Ive already done the "usual" mods, ADD Intercooler, Bumpers, Winch, GooseTuned etc. and I'm now starting to look at suspension. Its a deep hole, i can already see that. I have a budget of $6000-$7000 to spend - where do I start?

I plan on running 37's and do about 70% onroad, 30% offroad with the truck. I use it as a support/chase during motorcycle rallys and dual sport events.

Thanks!

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Tons, and I mean tons of suspension threads.

Any suspension work or still stock? When you say chase vehicle, as in towing a trailer or bikes in the bed?

OP
OP
M

mlax

Reaction score
Tons, and I mean tons of suspension threads.

Any suspension work or still stock? When you say chase vehicle, as in towing a trailer or bikes in the bed?
No suspension changes at all from stock. No towing, def. not offroad. I do carry 1-2 dirt bikes in the back quite often

Sig Fanboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With a budget of 6-7 K, FFRS in front and Deavers + 3 in back with stock shocks and possibly enough left over for SVC bump stop kit. If not, do SDHQ bumpstop relocation kit.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
With a budget of 6-7 K, FFRS in front and Deavers + 3 in back with stock shocks and possibly enough left over for SVC bump stop kit. If not, do SDHQ bumpstop relocation kit.

This is a good start. You will also need to do the pinch weld mod to run 37s.

Sig Fanboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is a good start. You will also need to do the pinch weld mod to run 37s.
I forgot he said 37’s. I think he will need different offset wheels to pull that off also. I put the wife’s 37in Nitto’s on my truck one day when I was really bored, they rubbed on UCA at full lock. And I’m sure would have rubbed in plenty of other spots on the trail. Everyone seems to have a slightly different experience with 37’s. At the rate I’m going, it’s gonna be awhile before I wear out my 6 35in Trail Grapplers

OP
OP
M

mlax

Reaction score
I forgot he said 37’s. I think he will need different offset wheels to pull that off also. I put the wife’s 37in Nitto’s on my truck one day when I was really bored, they rubbed on UCA at full lock. And I’m sure would have rubbed in plenty of other spots on the trail. Everyone seems to have a slightly different experience with 37’s. At the rate I’m going, it’s gonna be awhile before I wear out my 6 35in Trail Grapplers
I was just going to say, based on my research so far, 37s even in stock form do not seem to be an issue including reports from folks jumping and going super Aggro off-road. Maybe the Nittos are unusually large?