Speakers not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cdmorten

Reaction score
Hey guys. I've owned my 2014 Raptor for about 4 days. I drove to the airport today and when I started the engine, I heard about 1 second worth of music and then no sound. The screen is still showing the song playing on both FM and Sat. Also when I'm playing my iPod, I can see the time counting but again, no sound. Has anyone else experienced this? Does it sound like a fuse and if so does anyone know if the audio fuses are in the standard fuse box or somewhere else, like in the sub or amp? I didn't have time to troubleshoot before I flew today. Thanks guys.

scotty9697

Reaction score
I had a similar issue and discovered the music actually playing in the iPhone speaker. Had to disconnect the phone via the Bluetooth and reconnect. Not sure why but it will occasionally happen when leaving the truck and re-entering

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mine does this sometimes right after i send a text or ignore a call. Just goes quiet. Have to disconnect/reconnect.

Weird......

OP
OP
C

cdmorten

Reaction score
Interesting about the iPhone issue. I'll try that when I get back home. Hopefully that's the case. By the way, to answer an earlier question, it is completely OEM.

forumx2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting about the iPhone issue. I'll try that when I get back home. Hopefully that's the case. By the way, to answer an earlier question, it is completely OEM.

I have had this happen a few times. Usually if I press pause and play again from the touch screen it starts playing again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
C

cdmorten

Reaction score
Hey guys, i just wanted to let you know that it was the iPhone problem. I shut my phone off before I got into the truck and I had volume again. Thanks for the tip.

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is a weird issue. Why would the vehicle stream via Bluetooth? I wonder if the stock radio is capable of streaming audio to a rear entertainment system?