South Padre Island Run

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mil T

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm curious as to where you access the beach from. My wife and I will be down that way for the first time late May. We'll be traveling for the month and plan to visit Crps Cristi and the other Gulf Areas as we have never spent any time down there. The beach looks fun to run on. Kind of like Pismo in Calif. Are there any restrictions or cautions I should know about?
Mil T

OP
OP
The258

The258

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Main entrance to SPI is through Port Isabelle, cross the bridge, drive north and enter Access 5/6. Those are the ones where you can take your vehicle in, I believe 5 charges and 6 doesnt since a lot of vehicles get stuck going in.
Only restriction is that there is a speed limit through the beach from 5 to 6 and no driving on the sand dunes because of wildlife apparently. Once you pass the public and out of eyesight from constables then you are pretty much free to do anything. Driving all the way north will lead you to the East Cut which is just south or Corpus Christi

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
I'm curious as to where you access the beach from. My wife and I will be down that way for the first time late May. We'll be traveling for the month and plan to visit Crps Cristi and the other Gulf Areas as we have never spent any time down there. The beach looks fun to run on. Kind of like Pismo in Calif. Are there any restrictions or cautions I should know about?
Mil T

You can get on the padre island national seashore from corpus. It's a 60 mile drive to the north side of the Mansfield cut. As opposed to the south side accessed from south padre island.

Message me when you're in corpus. That's where I live.

---------- Post added at 10:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 AM ----------

And for regs on the beach. No driving in the dunes. At all. Major fine. And there is a pretty low speed limit. On the national seashore it's pretty easy to speed. It isn't really patrolled.

Google
Padre island national seashore.

OP
OP
The258

The258

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can get on the padre island national seashore from corpus. It's a 60 mile drive to the north side of the Mansfield cut. As opposed to the south side accessed from south padre island.

wasnt too sure about that one, but its good to know now. Gotta check it out sometime.

Baddkarmaracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Message me when you're in corpus. That's where I live.

---------- Post added at 10:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 AM ----------

And for regs on the beach. No driving in the dunes. At all. Major fine. And there is a pretty low speed limit. On the national seashore it's pretty easy to speed. It isn't really patrolled.

Google
Padre island national seashore.

Trey any chance of getting you down here for a little run?

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Man I miss SPI and Manfield, North Padre born and raised.

RangerRob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like a good time. The run down SPI is pretty fun. I did the 60 mile trek down to Mansfield the last time I was home. After mile marker 10 or so you can open it up and haul ass. I averaged about 85 mph all the way to the jetty and didn't air down or put it in 4wd. Not a good idea to go back in the dunes though. I almost burned my truck down after getting high centered on a dune and catching the brush on fire with the hot exhaust. Scared the shit out of me.

Rob

Westside Offroad Group

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
let us know when!

Yes! but unfortunately, quite a few washed up logs are enough to do some damage. This is what happened to RAPTOR2012GR tire.
420311_539858796053691_769926088_n.jpg

as well as other huge debris, ranging from stove sized looking 'junk' and other stuff.

hands down the ugliest wheel I've ever seen on a raptor

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oRoarke