So... What do you think about the new Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HiGCorners

Reaction score
Love the truck - looks bad ass! Not a fan of exhaust pipes under rear bumper, which will be prone to damage when offroading IMO. The biggest issue though is TT V6 - I mean it's a halo truck, so no excuses from Ford here. Same story with GT - lame.

tnsbruce

Reaction score
If the ECOBoost V6 can produce 500hp/500ft-lbs and the 500 pound weight loss is accurate this will be a very fast truck.

Upgraded suspension, advanced 4wd system - this thing will be great.

I am worried about the 2 inches wider info though - truck is wide enough.

Does anyone know if this will be on display at the Washington DC auto show?

WilliamBatson

Reaction score
The 3.5 liter ecoboost will be great. This is a quote from Car & Driver on the eco boost engine on a standard F-150. 'Twin turbos on a small engine work their magic, supplying an incredibly broad and thick torque band that begins just off idle. The F-150 hits 60 mph in a remarkably fleet 5.6 seconds. That’s just 1.1 seconds slower than a new 2015 Mustang GT. There’s no denying that the 3.5-liter is a magic machine, making huge and sophisticated power from just 213 cubic inches. '

My guess is that they would have had Ford Performance change the engine to make it even better than it currently is. And the engine in the F-150 supposedly sounds close to a Porsche. Not sure if that's a good thing or bad thing, lol. :)

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do not like the new grille. For me the Raptor has lost its styling edge. While I like the lower weight and larger shocks, I am on the fence about the Eco boost & 10 speed due to the added complexity. Time will tell.

I'm ok with the grill and styling and 10 spd should be good but that motor, no thanks. :flipthebird: Ford

OP
OP
sniperm

sniperm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the eco engine is great... easy to make more power.. and good mpg..I think ppl will love it after seeing some ppl tuning the Fak out of it..lol

I just cant get over the looks... wish they change that ugly ass grill and the side markers on the flares... maybe some aftermarket fenders will change the looks..

but Im pretty sure we are looking at the final product..

beadblaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are watching the 24 hours of Daytona they just interviewed a Ford head haunch about the 3.5 eco boost and he stated that the Ford raptor will be using the 3.5 and it will produce 450 hp

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'd like to hear that myself. I think they need at least 450hp to appease at least some of the V8 crowd. 450hp and 500ft/lbs would be a start!

matrix243

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm a big v8 fan, but I honestly don't see the big deal with the v6. Ever since the SC lightnings came out, I've always wanted ford to go the turbo route. Branches out on the hp gains. Exhaust sound is about the only negative and that can't be much of a problem trying to get a nice tone out of.

Last edited: